Sign in to follow this  
Iron Chef

My trip to Japan - July 9-16

As many of you know I'm heading off to Japan to buy cars for a week, catch up with old friends, re-establish some old business partnerships and generally work my arse off.

Auctions I will be physically visiting:

Tuesday - USS Kobe, bullet train to Nagoya Tuesday night

Wednesday - CAA Nagoya - Bullet train to Tokyo Wed night

Thursday - USS Tokyo, bullet train to either Kobe or Nagoya to do...

Friday - USS Nagoya or USS Osaka, depending on where the good cars are

Saturday - HAA Kobe

The JR rail pass will be getting a workout!

I'm taking a pedometer with me, because I suspect I will probably walk over 100km during the course of the week, just walking through the cars, of which I'll probably see 25,000 in the 5 days. This doesn't include dealers and wholesale stuff either.

My buyer has already put aside a six-figure (in Aussie dollars) sum for my visit!

Saturday night, Sunday and Monday are for relaxation purposes :yes:

Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?? lol

As many of you know I'm heading off to Japan to buy cars for a week, catch up with old friends, re-establish some old business partnerships and generally work my arse off.

Auctions I will be physically visiting:

Tuesday - USS Kobe, bullet train to Nagoya Tuesday night

Wednesday - can't remember which one - will double check and update! Bullet train to Tokyo Wed night

Thursday - USS Tokyo, bullet train to either Kobe or Nagoya to do...

Friday - USS Nagoya or USS Osaka, depending on where the good cars are

Saturday - HAA Kobe

The JR rail pass will be getting a workout!

I'm taking a pedometer with me, because I suspect I will probably walk over 100km during the course of the week, just walking through the cars, of which I'll probably see 25,000 in the 5 days. This doesn't include dealers and wholesale stuff either.

My buyer has already put aside a six-figure (in Aussie dollars) sum for my visit!

Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?? lol

Have fun Kristian, with 100km of walking in 5 days, I expect you will lose a few pounds. :lol:

Jon

I need to!!

Remind me to weigh myself before and after the trip Jon. Would be an interesting comparison.

Dropping through Thailand on the way home?

^Hahaha,

Thailand is the poor mans resort island :lol:

Special K will probably haunt the hostess bars :lol:

^Hahaha,

Thailand is the poor mans resort island :lol:

Special K will probably haunt the hostess bars :lol:

Kristian would not dare me thinks.........

As for weight loss.......not likely. With a 6 digit figure budget, I will be eating myself silly in Japan :P cuisinebo

Jon

:lol: from my website...

If you want your car handpicked by the Chef himself (woooooo!) then get your orders in before I go otherwise I may just spend the whole week street drifting and visiting hostess bars...(I'm kidding, no really I am...)

If you want your car handpicked by the Chef himself (woooooo!) then get your orders in before I go otherwise I may just spend the whole week street drifting and visiting hostess bars...(I'm kidding, no really I am...)

I take it Mrs Appelt does not check the website....

There is a famous saing.....

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Good luck :lol:

Jon

I take it Mrs Appelt does not check the website....

There is a famous saing.....

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Good luck :lol:

Jon

It is actually "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." And just for reference, no, it wasn't Shakespeare :lol:

Very true :lol:

And I would say Mrs. Appelt is too busy looking after the clan to look on the website!!!

The quote is from Euripides' Medea... who was royally pissed off by Jason.

He's not the only one I've pissed off. :blush:

lmao - I was about to say "Everyone's pissed off by Jason" and see how long it took for a response!! hahahahaha

good luck with the trip Kristian, i wish i had some more money to give you to get me a daily... oh well <_>

Jason

lmao - I was about to say "Everyone's pissed off by Jason" and see how long it took for a response!! hahahahaha

And I was going to delete your website and see how long it took for a response :lol::P

And I was going to delete your website and see how long it took for a response :lol::P

This could get interesting :P

Jon

This could get interesting :P

Jon

*waits for car, never to get a boat* :lol:

It's actually on one, I just didn't know about it... Will PM you the details... or, maybe not...:P

Jase, did you go out any buy another car? Not a Chaser is it? :D

Jon

Jase, did you go out any buy another car? Not a Chaser is it? :D

Jon

Not a Chaser :ph34r:

^^^ Carefull.... :lol:

No really, I am hoping they dont become the next "r33 skyline" in terms of volume on the roads :(

No chance there Benny.

Anyway, with my exercise regime, it will be interesting to with 7 days on the "Auction diet" lol

Nice and humid too, should be great for shedding kilos, as will the food.

USS tokyo, Kobe and Osaka are huuuuuuuuuuge. My tip is to take a foldable scooter to the auctions (like mark)... or buy a segway :P then you can be all white n nerdy.

Have fun on your trip... updates and pics... set up a flickr account and blog it :P

Iron_Chef, bring me a back a 180sx with type x tail lights, full kit, wheels, turbo back exhaust & coilovers in good nick.

Ill pay cash! :)

^^^hahaha I picked you as a ko-gal kind of guy too, funky!! The fair majority of Japanese women have loose morals, which is always a bonus, even if only in theory rather than reality as far as I'm concerned.

Even though my wife would never read this, she has to look after our three kids (including a newborn) while I'm away, so this trip is a big commitment for her, and she doesn't really get much reward out of it, so I am forever in her debt.

Will do a blog while I'm there if I get time, but I could also be too exhausted at the end of the days too. Foldable scooter is sounding very appealing, but I really do need to lose some weight, so it might be a blessing in disguise. I've never been as fit as I was when I was in Japan - you don't lose weight when you plonk your ass in front of a computer all day :no:

Email me your orders, Andrew :P

^^^hahaha I picked you as a ko-gal kind of guy too, funky!! The fair majority of Japanese women have loose morals, which is always a bonus, even if only in theory rather than reality as far as I'm concerned.

Even though my wife would never read this, she has to look after our three kids (including a newborn) while I'm away, so this trip is a big commitment for her, and she doesn't really get much reward out of it, so I am forever in her debt.

Will do a blog while I'm there if I get time, but I could also be too exhausted at the end of the days too. Foldable scooter is sounding very appealing, but I really do need to lose some weight, so it might be a blessing in disguise. I've never been as fit as I was when I was in Japan - you don't lose weight when you plonk your ass in front of a computer all day :no:

Email me your orders, Andrew :P

If you need to lose some weight, I could recommend something. I am keeping myself at 69kg to 70kg at the moment and I was 95kg 13 weeks ago.

My shopping list...... hmmm, how about a S15 with Areo Kit and nice looking rims.

Jon

I find Japanese food fattening, i put on 20 kilos when i came here, its the rice!

Find me a top notch RX7!