Sign in to follow this  
nissan012

How do I know what offsets will fit my car? Or any car in general.

Basically what I'm asking is in the title. I know how to read offsets etc.. But how do I know if it will fit a certain car. The offset websites dont help too much if I don't know the offset of the current wheels on the car. Seems like such a hassle to take the wheels off to have a look. Unless there was an easier way.

Each car has different abilities to take offset.

You need to provide more info...

1. What car?

2. What wheels are on it at the moment?

3. What kind of fitment are you after? i.e flush, poke, or stanced.

Edited by JDMDaniel

Too much hastle to remove 1 wheel.. ergh

This !!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if the tyre size sticker in the door jam contained all possible options for that car. Would also keep the cops at bay as well.

I think the only way you can be half sure is take the wheel off, get a straight edge positioned on the hub and start measuring with your tape measure distances to the guards, suspension components (shocks/coilovers) and brake components. Also check the measurements of your current wheel and how they differ from the specs. You might find that the tyre wall bulges out past the specified tyre width, and that needs to be accounted for. Even armed with all this information it is not a guarantee that something won't rub if you go over a bump.

The good thing about websites that list and show a specific size fitting your car, is that somebody else has taken the risk of buying a wheel that might not fit. This area is more black art and experience rather than science and maths (like those offset calculators lead you to believe).

http://www.willtheyfit.com + www.rimtuck.com + a tape measure + notebook + normal calculator.

Use google for stock wheel specs. If not, don't guess, take a wheel off. There's to many factors at play to tell you what works for you and your car.

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 1

Stockblues15

No good when the suspension is on hang

Quite right, need to do this with the hub in the correct location otherwise the measurements don't count.