Sign in to follow this  
Tim Sil80

Tips for removing trims in 180sx

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can find a manual on removing the rear trims, rear speaker trims and boot trims in a 180sx.

Edited by Tim Sil80
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

you will need some common sense, (not so common these days) various tools, and a set of half decent eyes with at least 15/20 vision.

Just pops off mate, you can buy the new plastic trim bits from ebay if you break any, just pry it and take your time

Get a full set of Stanley screwdrivers, take your time and in the event that you think something is taking too much force or you feel that it might break, back off and reassess the layout. To avoid denting plastic trim when trying to prise it apart with a flat blade, place one screwdriver flat on the surface adjoining the piece to be removed, then use that as your leverage point.

I've been told never use screwdrivers because they risk damaging the trims. I've got a plastic trim remover set and it's awesome. I use it everyday for work without fail. It's basically different plastic lever bars in different shapes

But best way to do it is like said above...use common sense. If one piece of trim over laps another you should take the top one off first. Same with getting the clips to come out. If you can work out where the clips are then try to lever as close to them as possible. Once you get one clip the rest become easier.

I'm rambling on now but it's morning and I'm tired. Hope this helped someone lol

Surely if you had looked at your car you could've figured all of this out yourself?

• Upvote 2

^ +1!

Although I'm empathetic to noobies that have questions to ask about their newly acquired vehicle, it seems that the OP throws up a new thread at the drop of a hat.

Try sussing things out a little for yourself, before wanting everyone to hold your hands.

If you're competent enough to do a google search, try searching NISSAN FAST and get your hands on a copy. This will show you all your car parts available, and in your case the interior trim and where the clips are etc.

If you do find yourself a copy on the interwebz, please don't ask us how to use it. You should be able to find this information also.

If you are able to achieve a google search successfully, pat yourself on the back. I'm sure you could also achieve many other google searches before you decide to post up a new thread :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: Let me add though, if you find that you cannot find your questions in a google search (note, many google searchs on Nissan Silvia's lead to here with older threads and posts) then by all means post a new thread. Just try doing your own research first before getting thread trigger happy.

• Upvote 1

Spent ages searching google/youtube for any info and couldn't find anything except how to remove the front door trims :(

Cheers for all the tips guy's, sorry for my threads :doh:

I bought a clip removal tool from SCA a couple of months ago after making do with screwdrivers for years and it makes these kinds of jobs a whole lot easier

Was about $10 and just looks like a big screwdriver with a kink in it and a Y shaped blade on the end instead of a flathead

Spent ages searching google/youtube for any info and couldn't find anything except how to remove the front door trims :(

Cheers for all the tips guy's, sorry for my threads :doh:

probably cause most people would go out and look at how to do it rather than start a thread lol..... not having a dig, just thats actually probably why you couldn't find anything on the internet...

kids of today always looking for a cheat sheet. sometimes you just gotta give it a go ;)

• Upvote 1

If your car is like mine you'll find that someone else broke most of the plastic clips before you even got to it

They're easily found on eBay if you break any though, just don't force anything too hard

kid lol, i'm an old bastard (30yrs old)

it was a joke haha I'm 20 my boss was saying that to me and the other apprentice who's 19

kid lol, i'm an old bastard (30yrs old)

it was a joke haha I'm 20 my boss was saying that to me and the other apprentice who's 19

All good man, i'm still a big kid at heart :D