Sign in to follow this  
JapSpecJake

S15 battery relocation help

Hey fellow enthusiasts,

At the moment I'm thinking I may have to relocate my car battery in my s15 to the boot because I can't find one that will fit in the space that's there. Its due to my aftermarket intercooler piping that's going through the battery tray. Previously I have had the factory Japanese battery that was in there when I bought the car, then moved on to an Odyssey which died because the car wasn't started regular enough due to being more of a weekender.

I've tried a Century battery and a SuperCharge battery so far but to no avail :cry:

Has anyone got any helpful advice for me? Kits? tips?

Cheers!

all you need is some 2 gauge or 0 gauge cable, and run it to your battery in the boot.

Earth everything else, and she'll be right mate straya have a VB

• Downvote 1

i had exactly the same issue as you. what i ended up doing is buy a optima. they arnt cheap but they r the best. relocated it to the boot. You dont really need a kit cause the battery boxes are too small. Just run some 2 guage battery cable and an isolation switch if u want. make sure u have a good earth. i ran the cables inside the car

I always disconnect the battery ground strap if I'm not going to drive it for more than 2 weeks. Another option is trickle charge the battery while it's parked.

Larger battery in the boot just gives you a little more time.

I've got the same problem (barely gets started once a month) but I'm going to solve it with a 1.1kg lithium battery + battery isolation switch.

Does a lithium battery need any mods to the charging circuit?