Sign in to follow this  
nitsab

Jap Nats - anyone going? QR 24/25 may

Hey guys,

Just thought I would see if anyone else is going to japs Nats this month?

Was thinking about heading up on the Sunday for a look

Ive entered for the sunday drifting so I will be there :)

Good to see some guys going from here. Time attack is more my thing so I will be going along sat, think it might also be possible to do happy laps so that would be good.

Edited by nitsab

Yeah what's the go with happy laps?? Was there a show n shine and happy laps deal going on??

prepare to do 100 km/h around the race track hahaha all those pretty cars might get scratched actually doing something ;)

On a serious note, i was thinking about coming up for it (im in nsw) but it just depends on money..

Im from nsw too :) but only just nsw haha

should enter silvieson, theres plenty of spots left for the sunday drift

Edited by JLTS13

Yea i believe there is a show and shine with happy laps, first in best dressed in these morning for spots.

Edited by nitsab

Can you hard park in the grounds ?

I might come out for a look.

Im from nsw too smile.png but only just nsw haha

should enter silvieson, theres plenty of spots left for the sunday drift

Im a bit further then you man! Im in grafton..

I would enter the drifting but my 180 is out of action at the moment... and the silvia id have to tow up so i can bring all my tyres with it and my tow car has done a gearbox >.

Dont be slack Anthony...haha

:P only soooo many hours in one day bro ;) planning on coming up for a morning session as soon as the 180 is back together. :) and i am planning on being at matsuri this year!

so thats enough :) that and im also wanting to do some sprint days at QR and lakeside. and im going to be starting to do hill climb down here soon :o excited to start doing that :)

Hey Nitsab, I'll be attending the time attack Saturday - Shoot me a PM - We can try pit together / meet.What will you be driving?

I'm going to the happy laps in the morning also (Small warm up for my car haha)

Hey Nitsab, I'll be attending the time attack Saturday - Shoot me a PM - We can try pit together / meet.What will you be driving?

I'm going to the happy laps in the morning also (Small warm up for my car haha)

Hey man, sorry I have been AWOL for a while. Just sent you a pm, would be good to park up with another NS guy. Who are holding holding the happy laps and how can I get in on it ha.

Edited by nitsab

All good mate - Replied to the PM. Find Mark Tuohy on FB - $50pp - $20 for passangers. Should be great!

Woke up this morning and didn't know if i felt like going to Jap Nats or not. In the end i decided to cruise out there for a look. Met OHN.050 out there and watched him doing the time trials. This got me all keen on hitting the track myself and i ended up forking out $50 to take the Sil80 for a strap in the Happy Laps. Was plenty of fun (better than powerplay due to no V8's) Smoked plenty of vtec's (guess vtech didn't kick in yo lol) Also saw an idiot in a white Sil80 attempt a drift which ended up as fishtails and a spectacular spin (he managed to keep it on the track and not off in the grass....legend)

He obviously didn't listen to the guy in the briefing that said about 4 times "NO DRIFTING" :rolleyes:

Looks like it was a good day out there, we are heading out tomorrow to catch some drift action

How did the time attack go??

Looks like it was a good day out there, we are heading out tomorrow to catch some drift action

How did the time attack go??

Yeah i wouldn't mind going tommorow but got a b'day party :doh:

Was some damn quick time attack cars out there, cant remember OHN.050 best time but he was pretty happy with what he got.

Yo!

Was a great day out! The guy who spun was a mate - I took off at the corner entrance to show my brother the cornering of the car and he decided to try keep up lol.

The fastest of the day who won the $1000 was the 101 Motorsport car (f**king insane!!)

I had not driven my car for at least a year and never raced. Never done QR - So if I did a 1:10 - I was going to be happy.

Did a 1:10 in the first session -Managed to get down to a 1:06 PB - Which I am stoked with.

210 RWKW - Stock Motor, no aero, RSR Street Tyres, No experience and coilovers not setup correctly (Rebound etc)

Had NO wheel spin and coasted most corners - Need to grow some balls and throw it in.

With more seat time,I honestly think I would see1:01s / 1:02's without any modifications.

I'll be racing again this Saturday - Lakeside Time Attack Round 2. See how we go there.

I'm keen to keep going out and meet some new people.

Feel free to come say hi! Invite me out to cruises etc haha.

Some shots of mine:

And was great to meet you Tim !

IMG_8742.JPG

IMG_8735.JPG

IMG_8741.JPG

You bringing it out to the Downshift Coffee and Circuit next month. I'm gonna take my missus for a thrash round the track, i've been threatened with divorce if i attempt a drift with her in the car :whistle:

I was told I will not be welcome back to "cruise" sessions.

Due to the rollcage... So I wont be going to any =S

Don't want to risk it, take a day off work, loose $200, pay $60 to get on. Then be told no.

Its annoying - 1 Marshal said "So long as It is mod plated, its fine by me" The main guy pulled me over when I went to go out "No cages are ever allowed"

Then lets on 2 of the other time attack boys with cages + another few with cages.