Sign in to follow this  
aw55um

Rules and regs for drift cars? NSW

I can't seem to find any info on rules n regs for drift cars.

I'm building a BMW e30. I have just been told that I need to now have carpet covering my fuel pump area in back seat of car?

Along with a secure battery,seat,harness what other rules are there?

Secondary bonnet latch? Exhaust location? No dash?

Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by aw55um

Depends what events your planning on entering.

If it's just a general practice day then you can check out some of the requirements listed on this page: http://initialdrift.com.au/nextday.php

If your building the car for comps check out the ADGP Rules and Regulations, chapter 4: http://trackbattle.com.au/adgp/events/rules-regulations/

If you have your fuel pump mounted in your back seat you may need it to be sealed of from the rest of the cabin in some kind of box.

I just use the factory bonnet latch but at times I've been asked to use a rope as a secondary restraint.

Exhaust generally needs to exit somewhere outside the car, i.e.not dumping at the cat.

No need for a dash as long as you still have all the controls you need like lights, hazards.

The cams manual covers most of the stuff drift cars need. in sections A & B. Maybe in the future I'll try rewrite the requirements into a separate document so we don't have to dig though boring stuff.

Many of the points covered in the ADGP regs and on IDA's site do cover what is in the cams manual aswell so Tsurikawa is correct. However the exhaust must exit the vehicle behind the B pillar and if rear exit 100mm i think of the rear of the car.

I don't know who is saying you need carpet covering your fuel pump area. sounds like they are messing with you. Fuel systems must be separated from the cabin area. with metal and sealed. i.e no fumes or fuel can get to you. if you pump is in tank you have no dramas. Secondary bonnet restraint is just a second point of holding the bonnet down. if you have 2 bonnet pins your covered. A secure battery is a no brainer yet most poeple don't seem to do it. cops even defect you for it. needs to not move at all. Dash doesn't matter as long as there arn't any pointy sharp objects floating around and everything is secure tightly.

If I have a track car do I need som sort of insurance to b covered if I smash up someone else's car what's the rules on the track

No there is nothing like that. Best to avoid driving with anyone you don't know or haven't asked if it's ok to tandem with beforehand.

Hi,

Another unusual question.....is there any laws/regs stating you can't you an aluminum style race seat.

Like a kirkey drag seat?