Sign in to follow this  
beersandwich

Crashed into tree - 200 no more

Gday Guys

Sadly my s14a 200sx is no more :(

Saturday night driving to city on pac highway for a date (only me in the car tho), and crashed into a tree just outside chatswood (shell) on pac highway. Blocked off two lanes for a while. Also thanks to the blonde girl in a blue S15 who pulled over to offer help and a towy :)

Was going to overtake two cars from the far RH Lane, and hit boost (was still under 60 tho) and lost it. Had shitty rotalla rears on but instantly sideways. Road was pretty greasy. Tree stopped me from ending up in the petrol station...

Only had 3rd party and car is write off so everything's pretty much gone. So annoying as it spent so much time in the garage fixing things, getting rego done (from interstate) then i hardly drove it as i catch the train to work.

Probably end up getting something new and comfortable for now. (new mazda 3?) Although that's what i said before I bought this so....

Obviously people want pics so here it is. If anyone wants parts or to take the whole thing please let me know. Mostly stock except for zorst (HKS), Blitz IC, profec b, I could probably turn the engine on if anyones interested. It has a 180sx block for some reason.

kk9L5E6.jpg

More

http://i.imgur.com/1SSyyrS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jPGsmsn.jpg

Edited by beersandwich

Oh so sorry dude. I own one that is same colour and everything, nearly brings a tear to my eye seeing that. Is the sill bent?

Edit, as long as you are ok, thats the main thing.

Edited by CRE_S14

I did see some blonde chick on fb post up how she have a guy who crashed a towy.

Apparently she got pulled over by cops and was questioned about the accident.

this sucks. sorry man.

this is why I never use shitty tires.

Damn doesn't look good, but if you are parting it out to make back some money on it ill come pick some bits off it and throw you cash.

I love Rotalla's so cheap & don't delaminate when drifting or smoking em.

Not sure if chassis is bent, but where its hit has crushed the firewall quite a bit

and ive got my CR Kais in the garage which i was about to put new tyres on. oh well..

And yeah. The cops were good. But as soon as they get there they ask if i had been racing the S15

Where are you located? If you have a garage to put bits in, you might be able to convince some NS peeps to trundle over and help you strip the whole car, then just part it out as you should.

Where are you located? If you have a garage to put bits in, you might be able to convince some NS peeps to trundle over and help you strip the whole car, then just part it out as you should.

This is a good idea.

That sucks :( glad youre ok...

The blonde girl you mention, She was talking about this on FB....... ( silvia republic member)

Hey! thanks for the shout out! Sorry to see what happened man :( them feels! Wish I could have helped out more!! My car was written off a few months ago and I remembered how paranoid I was about my car going to some random tow yard so I ended up going with the towie, emptied all my tools out at home and checked into hospital later LOL. The towies that rocked up were lost kents from out west I was like how the f*ck are you going to pick this up on your cradle and the flat bed is too small!! that's why I was trying to get my mate who was in Mona to come get you he would have looked after you and for a good price but the police and esp the ambos wouldn't let me organise it they said it'll take too long!! I was so annoyed, I was on my way to drop off a stray dog I rescued earlier to take him to Sash and by the time I drove back passed like an hour later they were only JUST moving your car then, so my mate could have come.. but anyway lol glad you are ok and sorry for your loss!! If it would have happened a minute later I would have caught it on my dash cam, that would have been interesting for you!

The police just took my deets down, I told them I didn't se anything happen, the young Policeman asked me why I pulled over, I said, Silvia love :) The other cop was like, what, I don't get it hahaah some people never will :P

• Upvote 1

This is a good idea.

Cheers. With a couple of guys, you can even half-ass the engine/gearbox removal by just lowering the subframe to the ground with a jack, then lift the nose over it and roll the car back. Pick up the engine and gearbox and carry it to the garage, which smashes the time it takes to strip it down to a day.

Edited by pmod

This is a good idea.

Cheers. With a couple of guys, you can even half-ass the engine/gearbox removal by just lowering the subframe to the ground with a jack, then lift the nose over it and roll the car back. Pick up the engine and gearbox and carry it to the garage, which smashes the time it takes to strip it down to a day.

True and that is a good idea. I've had a few people msg me for offers for the whole car, and if someone is interested in taking it all away i guess for simplicity sake that would be fine with me, but true ill prob get more cash stripping it. Its even got say 8 months rego or around that. Not really sure what its worth for the whole thing plus extra parts...

You cant see from the picture but we got the truck up my driveway and dropped the car straight into the garage - it still rolls and ps works and prob engine would still work.

Thanks Candii Banks! that's true if i didn't hit the tree i would have prob gone into the petrol station :/

Towing costs were 330 for sat night, then another 180 to get it home. Then I got a police fine in the mail yesterday - 420 for neg driving :(

Towing costs were 330 for sat night, then another 180 to get it home. Then I got a police fine in the mail yesterday - 420 for neg driving sad.png

420_blaze_it-235977.jpg

• Upvote 2

Towing costs were 330 for sat night, then another 180 to get it home. Then I got a police fine in the mail yesterday - 420 for neg driving :(

Best feeling ever. I was in the emergency room at midnight with a broken sternum, passenger had a fractured vertebrate. Constable Hero was taking my story for the 5th time to see if I slipped up my obvious lie (apparently "officer, I was NOT drifting" is not true if you just crashed a nissan), so he could book me. He was already pissed off that the ambo's wouldn't let him re-re-question me at the crash scene, on account of me looking like I was about to die. Got a call 6 months later saying that unfortunately he had nothing he could charge me with.

Pmod's method of engine removal is barbaric, engine out the traditional way is quickest.. if you lived south of sydney I'd show you how professional scumbags get it done. Best of luck anyway. You're probably just better off keeping a few things worth anything to you, then selling the whole lot. aside from brakes/engine/box, S14 part's aren't really desireable, you'll just end up with a garage full of painful reminders. #beentheredonethat.

Damn the fines on top of writing your pride and joy off really suck eh, sorry to hear the story mate.

Interesting to see theres a 3 fingers neat sticker on the back of the tow truck, suprised they didnt offer you money for the wreck, good luck with the part out or whatever you end up doing with it

Pmod's method of engine removal is badass, engine out the traditional way is quickest.. if you lived south of sydney I'd show you how professional scumbags get it done.

Amended for accuracy Dean :D

It's not a method that I used on my car or for other installations, but there's no way the traditional method will beat it for speed when the goal is to take absolutely everything off the car, and scrap the trashed shell. You could almost have the engine out in the time it takes just to get a chain on it.

Besides, we both know that if your back wasn't so bad, you'd be the first to lift that sh*t over the engine haha.

I live in Hornsby and have access to a van and have an engine crane and loads of tools now that I'm a mechanic, would be willing to help strip if needed. Pay me in beers and laughs

Damn the fines on top of writing your pride and joy off really suck eh, sorry to hear the story mate.

Interesting to see theres a 3 fingers neat sticker on the back of the tow truck, suprised they didnt offer you money for the wreck, good luck with the part out or whatever you end up doing with it

Now that you say it I think there was! Its Combined Towing that the cops used.

Thanks Johno and others for the offers, Im in Normanhurst, so nearby. First preference is for someone to buy it whole (Plus i can throw in extras), then if not strip it.

Edited by beersandwich