Sign in to follow this  
B.O.X

Front Cuts

Just wondering where people get their front cuts in Sydney.

Recently get a rolling shell, wanna throw a motor & box in it.

Would it be easier/cheaper just to buy things as i go or just be done with it & buy a front cut?

Just wondering where people get their front cuts in Sydney.

Recently get a rolling shell, wanna throw a motor & box in it.

Would it be easier/cheaper just to buy things as i go or just be done with it & buy a front cut?

Probably cheaper to buy an entire wrecked car, take the parts you want, then flog the rest. Wizard (on the NS forums here) does it all the time lol, and although the sales aspect is annoying and can burn you, in some cases engines can pay for themselves.

just keep an eye out for a wreck?

I do have a motor sitting in my garage but i need box, wiring & few other little things but i think if u add them up might be cheaper to get a wreck.

It's getting harder and harder, the last few cars I've had, everything has been f**ked on it. Drift is too accessible, cars are too cheap, etc. so kids come along, cross thread everything, do big end bearings, blow rings, melt pistons, and sell the car as "just needs a tune". I bought a sil80 with a 'forged motor', it looked like the head had been cleaned at least, motor was missing random things like the breather tube that goes under the head, etc. Piece of shit. Bought another S14 full of goodies, everything had cut wires, slightly damaged, the kaaz 2-way diff turned out to be a stocker, which I didn't check before selling to pmod. Good times. I'm confident to say that buying cars for parts is on the wrong side of 50:50 win at the moment.

Front cuts are prob 2-3k, would be smarter to ask around. some places you get the *whole* front end, some places they flog off the guards, lights, airbox, random bits you might need and/or be able to sell to recoup costs. I think ichiban and just jap were the main front cut places to ask first. If you can get a whole front cut, or just the bits you need at the right price, I'd go for that, much less headf**k.

I would possibly let go of my entire sr20 drivetrain for the right price. pm if intersted

There *IS* the occasional right place/right time finds, but things are usually cheap for a reason, or about to blow up anyway.

What exactly are you after anyway dude?

I just got a shell but haven't started playing with it yet to know what exactly i need but pretty much a motor (got on in my garage unsure of condition), box, wiring & little nick nacks.

I don't plan on having it on the road anytime soon but it will be over some time.

In no rush, enjoying my other 180 for now. Finally got it back together after 7 months, just in time for the wet pan on saturday.

Good news, well good for me.

My mate crashed his S14 & pretty much gave it to me.

Anyone know where i can hire a engine crane? Was gonna buy one but their one of those things that you use once & end up taking up space.

Good news, well good for me.

My mate crashed his S14 & pretty much gave it to me.

Anyone know where i can hire a engine crane? Was gonna buy one but their one of those things that you use once & end up taking up space.

Kennards or privately through forums or gumtree