Sign in to follow this  
The New Guy

Sikky LS1 conversion kit

Hi fellas.

I just have a few questions regarding the sikky kit for the s13.

I heard that some people say you don't need the sikky extractors since it won't fit into our Right hand drive cars ovet here. Can anyone that have done the conversion telly me of it's true?

Also does the Sikky kit only support LS1 or can it be used for the L98 as well?

Thanks

Headers definitely won't fit. I'm going the Fueled kit for this reason.

The kits will work with all LS engines.

Headers definitely won't fit. I'm going the Fueled kit for this reason.

The kits will work with all LS engines.

Did the Field racing kit work ??

Edited by Dat180sxlove

Fueled definitely will, but with the crap currency conversion rate I didn't import one. Was going to cost 5k+ delivered so I'm just having one custom made.

Hey man, check this out.

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthread.php?21523-Andrew-s-90-S13-Silvia/page5

you should start from the beginning and read your way through. it is a step by step on s13 LS conversion, including modifying the stock LS headers for fitment on an s13. the answer to header fitment is pretty simple, dont know if aftermarket headers can be fixed in this way.

Won't work with long tube headers unfortunately, stock headers are just really compact. Modifying the stock ones is ok for a cheap conversion, but they leave a lot of power on the table.

The fueled kit is deluxe. This is the one conversion I've been very keen to do one day. Couple of questions.

1. What's the best platform? Does it really matter whether s13, 14 or 15? In terms of fitment.

2. What's the best donor? Would a HSV front cut be the go, or is it easier just to buy an e rod ls3 package?

3. Is it difficult to get the stock dash working perfectly? Or is it just easier to go racepack?

There is a sweet vid of an ls3 240sx conversion in the us, where the guys who did it rated the driving experience beyond the ferraris and so such that they regularly test.

The thing I think a lot of people overlook when watching the LSx Conversions on youtube like the Drive/motortrend one above and more recently the MCM one into S15 for mad max, is that both those cars have zero f**ks given to road legality/creature comforts.

They cut a shitload of corners because the cars are projects that dont need road registration, so they do without shit like AC, roadworthy exhaust/body work and other stuff.

I mean they did the MCM S15 in three days with a team of like 10 skilled mechanics and fabricators. The few LS swapped silvias that are road legal in NSW took a long time to get there and cost significantly more than I think its worth to do for a car you would daily (unless you have a shell and the engine in your backyard already.)

If you want to see how the long tube fueled racing headers fit see my build thread pictures regarding chassis and steering rack mods required.

It's easy to get stock S15 dash working with std Holden E38 computer, I just purchased a std Nissan water temp sensor and tapped a thread into the thermostat housing of my LS - everthing else wired straight up after I found the wiring code for my S15 dash somewhere online - obviously the computer needs to be set up for your tacho and speedo after it's wired.

As far as doner goes if your using fueled racing conversion kit just buy a complete engine with harness, computer and transmission, the only part I would of taken besides that if I had a whole front cut would of been the clutch master cylinder because the nissan one won't create enough travel at the holden slave cylinder. A few of the other LS conversions here in WA also use the std holden radiator after modifying their chassis to fit it in on an angle and this also allows for easy fitment of cold air intake under the std bonnet.

As far as best S chassis platform I can't see how it would make much difference so it just comes down to your personal taste and whats available to you although putting that power down you'd probably be better off with the wider wheelbase's on the S14/15's handling wise and the extra strength of 5 stud hubs wouldn't go astray either.

Edited by Joshua182