Sign in to follow this  
airseating

Skyline build for response

Hi Guys

I am new to modifying cars did not understand anything, a little better now. BUT only with the help from blokes on forums like this and I think it is good idea to listen to as many ideas as you can, sometimes gets a little confussing :(

Have an R34GTR, worked motor with a T78-33-D on it with all of the mods to rev high, crap to drive as a DD, Dyno, 337.9 awkw and the worst street car I have ever owned, nuts @ 6000rpm and went over 10k,my head feel off on the first run, but launching is not a good look on the street :)

Changed the T78 to a PT6262, stock cams to Pomcams B 260 9.15and a 3.5"custom exhaust. 345.4awkw BUT you can drive it as a DD, even with the OS Quad clutch and is on full boost at 4500rpm, not good enough, want more

NOW , I am about to go further in my search for usable Torque for a street ride, so doing a stroker build and it is too late to stop it:)

I would be interested to hear what you blokes think this car will go like after the build and compare it once it has the final tune. It will be tuned for response, I am not after high peaky HP and a show off Dyno Graph.

Nitto 3.2 Stroker kit

Quaife front diff

Extra 2 plates in the trannie to send more drive to the front wheels, with the Quaife it should be great,well?? advice welcomed on all mods :)

Haltech flex fuel sensor

Nismo Coppermix twin Comp Spec Clutch to replace the quad, hope it will be a little easier on the box.

Custom 260 10.8 cams, springs and retainers

Some head work

HAVE on the car that will stay there

Nismo 2-way LSD

PT6262 turbo

HKS EVC 6 Boost controller

Haltech Platinum Pro R34GTR ECU

Walbro 460lpm fuel pump, maybe add one more if needed with a surge tank?

9lt sump conversion

Koyorad radiator

Custom 3.5" exhaust

Custom catch tank

ATI Balancer and damper

NI Water Pump

Nitto high volume oil pump

All the other bits needed to run this stuff

Please let me know what you think as I have tried to take the best advice I thought would be best for th result I am after, a car that you do not have to rev the crap out of to get it moving

DYNOS T78@337.9awkw on the car when I bought it,pig. PT6262 @345.4 awkw after I changed the Turbo and cams BUT drive great

post-154300-0-10058000-1410502305_thumb.jpg

post-154300-0-10619500-1410502441_thumb.png

post-154300-0-11009200-1410502456_thumb.gif

Who built the engines and set everything up? I see the dyno is from Croyden, I was under the impression that they were one of the biggest experts there are?

Probably best to head over to SAU as the wealth of info is enormous there.

I can almost guarantee that you will be advised to go for Twin Disco GTX and mass E85/boost

Edited by Junny

Who built the engines and set everything up? I see the dyno is from Croyden, I was under the impression that they were one of the biggest experts there are?

Probably best to head over to SAU as the wealth of info is enormous there.

I can almost guarantee that you will be advised to go for Twin Disco GTX and mass E85/boost

they were...

many many many bad stories, do some goggling.. I don't want to mention names and details.

1x single is fair better, especially if you're using a twin scroll turbo

Since its been stroked to 3.2L, Assume it has factory compression ratio it should spool that sized turbocharger quicker then what you are currently getting. You can add an adjustable cam gear on the inlet side and advance it by 5 degrees, that should shift the power band towards the left by roughly 300RPM.

Not sure what sort of fuel it is used but that is very little power for the mods listed. If this is the HP you are chasing for, simply going back to the twin -7 or even -5. One thing that a single can not match is the smaller twins always generate more boost before peek boost is reached, it pumps up the curve before 4000RPM (112KM/H) which makes it looks more linear.

Hi Again

I finally had the build completed and then a few problems sorted and I think with reasonable results.

As you can see from the Dyno I have changed shops.

The 3 results are

1. on 98 pump @ 22psi

2. E85 @ 22psi

3. E85 @ 25.5psi

I know it is not a Silvia but it does say other hot imports :wheelchair:

post-154300-0-57142100-1441429709_thumb.jpg

post-154300-0-88458400-1441429999_thumb.jpg

Since its been stroked to 3.2L, Assume it has factory compression ratio it should spool that sized turbocharger quicker then what you are currently getting. You can add an adjustable cam gear on the inlet side and advance it by 5 degrees, that should shift the power band towards the left by roughly 300RPM.

Not sure what sort of fuel it is used but that is very little power for the mods listed. If this is the HP you are chasing for, simply going back to the twin -7 or even -5. One thing that a single can not match is the smaller twins always generate more boost before peek boost is reached, it pumps up the curve before 4000RPM (112KM/H) which makes it looks more linear.

Look at the previous post for fuel etc.

It now drives very well as a DD, the 3.2 gives it the torque needed to get the heavy R moving and the air starts pumping around 2500, moving pretty good by 4000rpm @ about 320AWKW.

The power is very linear and feels great and the right foot keeps it safe. The driveline and tyres keep it planted on the road. I would say it is a very good all rounder :)

As I was getting a flex fuel tune I decided to put a surge tank in

post-154300-0-32805800-1441431640_thumb.jpg

post-154300-0-60376400-1441431895_thumb.jpg