Sign in to follow this  
snowdude_r

S15 Injector Pulse Signal

Hi peoples havent had much luck with google so reaching out here for some answers hopefully.

Putting an S15 motor and box into an S13 shell, have swapped the S15 wiring harness and computer etc over and she cranks over ok and has spark ok but wont fire. Checked injectors and theres 12 volts on one terminal, hooked up a noid light and theres no pulse at all.

This setup is running a Haltech Platinum sports 1000 computer, am I right in thinking if its got an aftermarket computer then NATS would have been disabled/bypassed if it had it with the factory computer??

Engine box and computer etc came out of a JDM model, I didnt get to remove it from the original car so doing things a little bit blind, also the guys that pulled it all out of the S15 cut the loom that goes to the back of the instrument cluster, I vaguley recall reading somewhere that the injection system needs a signal from the tacho to tell it the motor is turning over, could the cut wires be causing the problem of no injector pulse??

I was originally thinking of wiring in the old s13 cluster and only using things like fuel gauge and tacho and having aftermarket gauges for the rest as I cant see an easy way to get the S15 cluster to fit but was thinking I might have to solder the old plugs back onto the loom and just get the S15 cluster sitting in there somehow if that is going to cure the lack of injector pulse problem??

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help

NATS is only on stock ECU. Dash loom has nothing to do with running. ECU gets home and trigger signals from CAS to tell it its running. If you're getting spark but not injection pulse I would say you have an ECU issue as if it were to be a CAS issue you would get no spark or injection pulse.

If you get stuck, hit me up http://www.facebook.com/whiteyswiring

It's most likly going to be a wiring or tune issue and if it was running before then most likly a wiring issue, will it kick over and sort of run or aerostart?

If your not confident with wiring issues I'd do what the above post suggests

So I had abit of time this arvo and had a play, it definitely kicks and trys to run on aerostart for a couple of seconds until the aerostart is used up.

While I was having a look at some of the wiring behind the cluster and dash I noticed theres a Grey wire coming off the loom for the boost controller and turbo timer that also has a red,blue, and green power wires coming off the ignition, I remember seeing this when I first started putting it together and thought maybe it was supposed to go to the handbrake or something associated with the turbo timer. It also has an inline fuse in it but buggered if I can see where its been cut out of the loom but thinking this could be part of the problem with no pulse signal.

Another question is the 100 amp circuit breaker installed between the battery thats been relocated behind passengers seat and the main switch installed where the stereo usually is will only let the car crank about 8 - 10 times before it trips, just wondering what size breaker people have used before or whats reccomended??

Safely run cable and no breaker is the go. Also your turbo timer wiring will have nothing to do with no injector pulse.

We had a hr30 skyline come in with same ecu and same issue

We sent the ecu off for repair and all was good. Came back a couple of months later for same issue

Sent it off again

Had to install a relay to the power feed side of the injectors because the ecu was keeping them on whilst car was off and burning them out