Sign in to follow this  
DOP315

DEFECT HELP

hi there, i was recently defected in my s15,

i am registered in QLD, but was defected in NSW.

i don't really understand all these different rules with both states

so am after a little help.

so i got done for

-tyres,rims not comply

-no filter engine bay

-vehicle suspension heigh (cop didn't even check just assumed) i checked and i am legal.

-vehicle exhaust NON-standard. (quiet az f**k)

-battery loose

tyre size different, (i had 18's rotars on front and stock 16"s s15 standard on the back because i had a blow out on one of the rears so had the spare on then changed both to standard when i got home).

-seat belt no retract, (retracts a little slow)

-pedals non slip- WTF???

-engine mount to tower non standard.

and slapped an ugly yellow sticker on my window.

so how do i go about this?

who am i getting a roady for? QLD or NSW.

do i even need a roady? just pay fine? cause i am in QLD. so doesnt mean shit in QLD cause i abide by QLD roads not RTA.

the cop was soo un helpful as usual.

IMG_2724.JPG

An AIS (approved inspection station) in QLD can clear a NSW. I'm pretty sure they can do this online.

My understanding is you need to find a mechanic who does roadworthys and see if they can assist. You may need to fix some stuff on your car first but essentially it will only be a problem for you if you go back to NSW.

I could be wrong tho.. Call an AIS and go from there.

f**k NSW, went fishing their once and didn't know I needed a fishing licence and copped a $200 fine lol.

Don't quote me on this cause my car is regoed in Nsw but I have spoken to a few guys who live here and keep there car regoed in Queensland for this reason .

What they explained to me is that a defect can't pass state lines because different states may have different definitions or rules to do with registration and road worthiness and that rta don't notify Queensland authority's of the defect.

They said you pay the fine remove the sticker and throw the rest of the paperwork in the bin and that's the end of that.

Don't know how true this is though

Most of those things listed are bs defects anyway, if your car was regoed in nsw to clear a yellow sticker defect I believe you pass full blue slip inspection, which what an un regoed car must pass before it can be registered... Don't know if they call it that in qld

An AIS (approved inspection station) in QLD can clear a NSW. I'm pretty sure they can do this online.

My understanding is you need to find a mechanic who does roadworthys and see if they can assist. You may need to fix some stuff on your car first but essentially it will only be a problem for you if you go back to NSW.

he actually scribbled the AIS one out and ticked the (AUVIS) inspection.

Don't quote me on this cause my car is regoed in Nsw but I have spoken to a few guys who live here and keep there car regoed in Queensland for this reason .

What they explained to me is that a defect can't pass state lines because different states may have different definitions or rules to do with registration and road worthiness and that rta don't notify Queensland authority's of the defect.

They said you pay the fine remove the sticker and throw the rest of the paperwork in the bin and that's the end of that.

Don't know how true this is though

yea thats what i was thinking. can anyone else shed some light on this strategy??

he actually scribbled the AIS one out and ticked the (AUVIS) inspection.

Shouldn't be scribbling anything out on an official document

Not something I've had to deal with before but have a read of this:

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/myrta/assets/downloads/ais-g-001_new_features_in_ais_online_brochure_v2_final_18_oct_2011_pdf.pdf

I'd talk to QLD transport and ask them what to do. I doubt that going past the 28 days will cancel your rego as it's interstate but I think it's a phone call u need to be making.

Hmm it says cannot be used to clear a defect on an imported vehicle. Surely they don't want you to go back to NSW to clear it?

Not something I've had to deal with before but have a read of this:

http://www.rms.nsw.g...ct_2011_pdf.pdf

I'd talk to QLD transport and ask them what to do. I doubt that going past the 28 days will cancel your rego as it's interstate but I think it's a phone call u need to be making.

yea this information explains itself, cannot clear imports Nor my QLD registed car. good read though cheers

f**k NSW, went fishing their once and didn't know I needed a fishing licence and copped a $200 fine lol.

very greedy cU*TS in NSW, Don't know why people don't riot over that shit, would love a good riot

What annoys me is even if you do the right thing, follow guidelines set out in the law and have your car mod plated in QLD, there's no guarantee you won't be defected when you cross the border as the laws are inconsistent across the states.

You get used to being treated like a second class citizen when u have an import. Anyone tried getting any parts out of Nissan themselves? Hopeless. Also, why can't TMR supply a number plate that fits my car? I've had cops tell me to cut my car to fit the plate. Genius. /rant

What annoys me is even if you do the right thing, follow guidelines set out in the law and have your car mod plated in QLD, there's no guarantee you won't be defected when you cross the border as the laws are inconsistent across the states.

You get used to being treated like a second class citizen when u have an import. Anyone tried getting any parts out of Nissan themselves? Hopeless. Also, why can't TMR supply a number plate that fits my car? I've had cops tell me to cut my car to fit the plate. Genius. /rant

That's funny as I have a mate who copped a defect for having his number plate bent to fit on the back of his s13 , so he cut two slots into the sides of the bumper opening so the edges of the plate could slide in, he cleared the defect only to receive another defect a few weeks later for the rear number plate again cop said it was obscured as the edges where tucked into the slot although all of the letters and numbers were in plain sight . The problem is they can write a defect for whatever they want whether it's justified and legitimate or not. It then becomes your problem to sort out.

Edited by gomanji