Sign in to follow this  
s13silvianissan

info needed on tube frame front end

I have a s13 shell that's been in the shed doing nothing for the last 5 years, I figure its time to take a grinder to it and have some fun, I'm going to tube frame the front end, add a full weld in cage, and anything else that seems like a good idea at the time, now I'm a sheet metal worker by trade so I will have no problem on the fabrication side of things but I want to make sure when i finish the car I can take it to the track, hill climbs etc for some fun. I know the roll cage has to be made from cds tube inch and three quater minimum, ( correct me if I'm wrong)

But what about front end? Is there any rules with it? Just don't want to do things twice or use the wrong material, obviously car will never see rego again.

And I'd like to hear from people who have gone down a similar path and what was a good idea and what you would do different,

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

don't bother doing tube front unless its already smashed up. removing the factory crumple areas and welding in solid front end will mean one little crash and the whole car will be twisted.

stock is best. that said if its already crashed in the front go for gold

• Upvote 1

the front of my frame does not look like that. Mine looks like a piece of boxed metal that has been smashed and is crinkled.the only way i could think to describe it