Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Storm Trooper

Just wanted to show you guys my mazda because why not.

I got it new from a dealer in Melbourne a few days ago and I'm super happy with it. It's like a little toy, it's really smooth, takes corners incredibly fast and it's awesome to drive whether the roof is up or down. I actually drive it around for fun like I did when I first started driving. I tried the 86, golf gti, golf r32, ss ute but I had a crush on mx5's a few years ago and after umming and arring for a long time it was a clear winner to me.I think it's way more fun than the 86, which would prob be the closest thing. Every man & his dog has an 86 so I reckon if you're considering them, go with one of these instead.

I was gonna trade my s15 for a 1st gen NC (Circa 2005 model) but the more I looked at them the more I wanted the current one (From October '12 - present). I got 5yrs warranty and I think I'm gonna leave it stock.

photo 1 (3)44noplates.jpg

photo 3 (2)noplates.jpg

mx52.jpg

Edited by Spazo

Nice car mate, my dad just got a Mazda, I reckon he paid a fair bit less than you did though.

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

actually dont mind the look of this!

Should defiantly do a few mods so its not like every other one on the road :)

• Upvote 1

There's almost none of them around, especially white ones. I was thinking of lowered springs and maybe mesh wheels but I decided I love the black rims so there's really no need to change them. Maybe a mild exhaust to give it a bit of a note.. hmm

Thanks (Y)

I'd at least paint/powdercoat the stock rims another colour like bronze. Black rims on white cars... well they look pretty bad. I should know, the wheels on my 180 are black :(

Be sure to check out some of the aftermarket bumpers though. Some of the Aston-inspired ones for the MX5 are actually quite reasonable, and remove some of the car's natural fruitiness. Obviously this is for an NC, but this is the type of thing to which I refer (ignore the Aston badge... pretty sad):

6_3.jpg

9_7.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think it would look pretty sweet with even 15mm spacers or something all round to fill them guards a little better and some coilovers would be sweet, Not to sure how well exhaust systems sound on them engines wouldnt want it sounded horrible.

Yes I was thinking spacers + lowered springs if anything but at the same time it's a new car and it's just so perfect I'm a bit hesitant. Spacers I should man up and try at least.

That Aston Martin nc1 looks kinda cool. I like my front bar though.

Pfft, just mod it already. Spacers won't change your warranty if you remove them before taking the car in for services.

I've actually test-driven an MX-5 with that bar (friend was looking at buying one ages ago), and they look mint in person.

Nice choice man... did you look at the brand new model at all? Seem to be pretty awesome, but I'm just not diggin the nose, headlights looks a bit small imo

I have a car crush on the 4 door R34 GT-T Skylines, after driving one a few years ago... really considering swapping my 200 for one, but everyone I've spoken to thinks its a stupid idea :unsure:

I didn't like the new one (ND) first time I saw it, but I think it will look good in person and it's 100kg lighter, which is impressive. I'm kinda nervous about the decision though, my car will drop in value and I worry that the new one will blow it away.

Anyway - Couple of reasons I chose the nc:

1. It's the final edition of the nc so they've revised everything on my car based on real world experience.

2. Hard top

3. Looks better (at least that's my opinion now)

4. I could argue with dealerships that an nc is about to be superseded and get a deal on one (which I did)

4. Apparently we're only getting 1.5l engine and soft top on the new car.

5. I didn't want to wait another 9 months for the ND or for it to make NC's cheap (doh).

I was just about to pick up a runabout shitbox when the Melbourne dealer rang me with an offer and it was too good not to take.

spotted near the freeway today?

Not sure where you're from or which freeway lol. I'm in Wollongong NSW

Not sure where you're from or which freeway lol. I'm in Wollongong NSW

Ignore me, for some reason i thought you must've been in sa :lol:

Shame because there was decently hot chick in the passenger seat

Next time tell her there's a spaz in NSW who needs a decently hot passenger.