Sign in to follow this  
FryMyEgg

idnetify my rear housing gt3071r

hey peeps,

i have just upgraded to the gt3071r. My mechanic has supplied me the turbo with wich he says he ordered 0.64 rear.

Boost is ridiculously slow, so was thinking boost leak or wrong rear housing, i have checked all my plumbing and fixed all possible leaks, this hasnt helped.

So my question is can i find out what size rear housing is without completely removing the turbo ( just exhaust)

Can i measure the rear wheel? the only print i can find on the rear is GARRETT...

Please help

Cheers

Or yer, what measurement is ridiculously? Do you have a dyno sheet? This will show us detail

Boost would start around 3k, and at 6k its just hitting 16psi. it dosn't even feel like im getting boost till about 5k.

The mechanic is on holidays till feb so i cant get a print out till then.

Good chance he's a crap tuner if he think that's acceptable. Is it a genuine garret turbo?

he has done well for me in the past, might have been lazy the day before his holidays

im told its genuine garrett, came in garrett box and printed on the housings...

My 3071 had a 0.82 rear on it and 0.82 was imprinted into the inside of the rear housing. Mine was internal gate though, I don't know what yours is. It shouldn't be that bad, mine was a bit laggy but I have an RB20 so that's to be expected, what engine is yours on?