Sign in to follow this  
MR180SEX

Tail lights on when car is off!?!?! HELP

Okay.. so i have no idea wtf is happening. I came home one night and noticed my tail lights were illuminated on my 180sx... The headlights weren't on, nothing was on but the tail lights. I started the car and when i would brake, they wouldn't come on. It has since flattened my battery.. Are there any switches i may be unaware of that could make this happen? i perhaps could've accidentally bumped it? Im so confused right now haha.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Thought issues like this were normal on s13's lol.

PM Sam (protius) on here, he will know what's causing it.

check your brake light stopper on the brake pedal.... that would be my first guess, they often break apart over time (might find bits of it on the floor near the brake pedal)

99% chance it's the brake light switch stopper on the pedal.

@shoppingtrolley

I did see small crumbs of plastic in my footwell.. however I'm not sure what I'm looking for... do u have a pic?

its your brake light stopper. jump in your footwell and push the brake pedal back towards the firewall, you will see it connect with a small shaft coming out of the switch, just find a small bolt or glue another piece onto your pedal.

just make sure if you put a bolt its not too long and holds your brakes on while your driving