Sign in to follow this  
Jumunji

S15 FMIC

Hey guys forum search feature doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting a front mount inter cooler tomorrow (blitz) and I wanna have a go at installing it myself. Does anyone have some advice or highly preferred a thread showing some clear instructions as I have NO clue where to start.

Also If anyone is interested I am based out of the hills sydney and would pay someone for some help.

they come with instructions.

the biltz kit is pretty well thought out and should fit well. just remember to measure twice and cut once.

its a pretty simple mod,

take off your front bar

measure and cut front reo so the front mount fits

take out battery and either relocate to the boot and put it in sideways

cut a hole with a holesaw into the battery tray, obviously check where its gonna sit from the piping

connect up and check for leaks

put everything back together

you make it sound so easy :( When cutting the reo where will the clearance issues occur and will I immediately know what to cut?

Edited by Jumunji

it comes with instructions on where and how to cut for your car.

I didnt do my own as I was having other work done by my mechanic. I did look at the instructions and they are reasonably well done.

a tip I have heard a number of times is use a brand new hole saw to make the cut clean and easy.

have you read the instructions at all?

Just got the Front mount man, Read through the instructions as best I can and they are all in japanese Tried to get an understanding of what to do but Im lost :(

I know you've just committed to buying a kit, but I'm assuming this is for a daily, right? If so do you really want to go cutting a hole in the car, let alone grinding the reo?

Just start by getting the intercooler mounted, take off the bumper and any plastic guards in the way and slide it up behind the reo bar, mine wedged up there perfectly and I didn't have to cut or grind anything, you'll wanna get it up as far as you can so it'll be clear if there's anything in the way you have to cut, then just start on the piping, the hot side will be easy. And you'll have to cut the hole in the battered tray for the other side, use a 75mm hole saw, it looks like they've given you the measurements so you've got it pretty easy

Thanks Coastie, I think I'll give it a try on friday, Hoping my battery will be small enough for everything to squeeze through.

mine wedged up there perfectly and I didn't have to cut or grind anything, you'll wanna get it up as far as you can so it'll be clear if there's anything in the way you have to cut, then just start on the piping

Did you use a Blitz core or something else?

Edited by michaelSR

mine wedged up there perfectly and I didn't have to cut or grind anything, you'll wanna get it up as far as you can so it'll be clear if there's anything in the way you have to cut, then just start on the piping

Did you use a Blitz core or something else?

Mines a Hybrid but anything 600x300x75 should make a really tight fit without cutting anything, my inlet/outlets wedged up against the end of the chassis rails, it was a perfect fit

Blitz measures Core Size - 620 x 266 x 76mm, so it is a little bigger. I'll give it a shot on friday and see how I go

instructions are clear as man...

as a kid when you built lego, did you ever read the instructions OR just follow the pictures? :)

This !!!