Sign in to follow this  
joshh1

rims for a r34 25gt

any suggestions on what rims to put on my r34 ?

this is a decision best made by the owner the car mate.

look at pictures and rimtuck.com for sizes.

i was thinking square rims tbh, something different.

R33 GTR wheels used to be decent bang for the buck, but now people charge too much.

Honestly, wheels are such personal preference just find a pic you like, find out the details of the wheel in the webpage, then go for broke. Just don't buy el Cheapos like Brotas or random Chinese crap on fleaBay.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r33+gtr+wheels+on+nr34&client=firefox-a&hs=DDw&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uu_0VIKSGMSwmwWEvICIBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1483&bih=944#rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&q=r34+skyline

I second the 33 gtr suggestion. Have them on my r34 and they're a reasonably good fit. They shit over any of the other China wheels for quality, they're a forged wheel built to oem standards.

On the rear of the sedan;

235/45, neg 1 camber, there is about 10mm clearance between lipped guards and the tyre when low.

i was originally thinking 32 gtr rims but also had drift tec's in mind, want a rim with a bit of a dish tho, any suggestions?

To have decent dish and maintain stockish guards, you'll probably have to get wheels that aren't overly wide, but have big offset. Wheels that use spokes that drag inwards to produce the illusion of dish don't generally look great, but they're an alternative.

Don't be one of those guys that gets a 10" wheel with massive offset, then has to run -3 degrees camber, huge amounts of stretch and still modify their guards to get the damn things to fit. I realise that there are a lot of peeps on NS and Facebook that go out of their minds frothing over that look, but for the hassle, bad performance and defect magnet... wouldn't recommend it.