Sign in to follow this  
jaeyon

Anyone close to lower north shore/macquarie park?

Howdy all,

Keen to get a bit of work done, simple stuff (fitting a baffle to the "twin turbo" pipe off my 32) and also possibly some modifications to my catch can (although most likely later on). Anyone here around the lower north shore area or Macquarie Park?

I know there's plenty of people over on SAU looking for this to get done so happy to send referrals!

Cheers,

john

I assume this is the sort of thing that you're looking to do:

http://www.gtr.co.uk...ting-guide.html

If that's the case, you can sort that out yourself pretty easily dude. Buy some 3mm aluminium sheet from bunnings, mark a straight line of division down the two sections on the pipe, cut the pipe in two using a 1mm disc on a 5" grinder, file both sections flat, then file/sand them to reach a final cut thickness of 3mm. Place the big piece on your 3mm aluminium sheet, mark it, cut it and take it to a shop to get welded. I take my alloy parts to a guy who used to contract with Powertune (asian guy called Sunny) to get welded; does a good job for a low price. I don't have a TIG and cbf buying gas, so I only weld mild steel.

Once done, clean up the welds at the lip and reinstall. Pretty easy job to be honest.

I don't live at Macquarie but if you really get stuck, I'd be prepared to do the cutting/prep for welding for you for a small price if you hand me a spare pipe and 3mm plate. You can then take it to be welded.

Dennis at Grim Performance in Hornsby would be happy to do it. He welds alloy pretty nice.

+1 for Dennis good dude has done lots of work for me