Sign in to follow this  
buoy

Volume training

Hi all,

I started trying out volume trainig for about a month now and I must say it is amazing! I thought all my easy gains had gone years ago but this just felt like lifting weights from the beginning again - huge pumps, a huge high afterwards, doms a day later and the day after that and a spike in appetite.

It really took me by surprise. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this sort of training and if it worked for them?

All I have been going on is an article on bodybuilding.com in regards to german volume training - basically doing 10 sets of 10 reps at 60% max with no more than 90 seconds rest in-between sets. I must say, I could barely get to set 6 or 7 before being unable to hit 10 reps on some of the exercises I tried - eg: bench press. Results were incredible though.

Cheers,

buoy

I don't follow any set volume training plans, but my own training routine has become more volume based over the years.

I find it much more enjoyable as you're testing yourself in terms of muscular fatigue and mentally. It's also much easier on the joints, allows for better mind-muscle connection, full range of motion and no doubt will allow you to lift for longer with minimal injuries.