Sign in to follow this  
Alexandros180sx

Aeroflow Fuel Rail install

Hey guys I am trying to install an Aeroflow fuel rail in a blacktop sr20det and was wondering if anyone on here has done a write up on it.

Its more with the standard plenum injector head spacers that come in the kit with the oring. Can not get them to go in the plenum an sit flush. I have searched and searched and cant find a thing. Thanks In advanced

I had the same problem and just bought the injector to manifold adapters from taarks instead. I also did not use the supplied rail spacers as I made my own as I didn't use full length injectors. ( bosch 2000cc)

Edited by datsun180

I also have bosch 2000cc injectors to go in, but cant get the spacers that the injector heads sit in the plenum to go in with the supplied orings. Its alomost as of the orings are way to big for those holes that they sit in.

They are meant to be a very snug fit but I fitted mine using a similar outer diameter socket and plenty of silicon grease on the o ring. You could use vasoline.

I'm curious to know how you went because I'll be installing the exact same setup in my type x tomorrow.

I did try Vaseline at the start but I didn't use that much. Do you think I should use a lot more vas and get a socket the same size as the spacer? I hope that works. Thanks

I glued a piece of tube onto the manifold, to space the rail but the height will be different if you use the aeroflow collars.

DSC_0450.JPG

DSC_0449.JPG

Yes that's them.

That was the only two dramas I had but I used adapter mini looms instead of cutting the wiring.

Edited by datsun180

hmm.. those spacers are a good option, but what's the point of putting these ones with the kit if they done go in at all?

Might see if I can get a diff size oring a try that, otherwise ill just get those other spacers that you guys are using.

Thanks again

Anyone else know of a way to get these supplied fuel rail bungs in? Id prefer to use the ones supplied if possible. Thanks

Hey man I just installed the Bosch injectors into the rail and got it to work with the aeroflow flittings.

On the end of the injector there is a black plastic cap just under the o-ring. Remove it.

Take the o-ring off with a pick, get a pair of side cutters and cut the lip off, or as much as you can with the side cutters. You need to get the top part down to the metal. This lip has a little lip under it's you'll be able to cut the top part off carefully. Then with the pick, pick off the bottom bit and now put the o-ring back on. It'll seat in the aeroflow adapter and when you bolt it in the o-ring will seal it.

This worked for me so I hopefully it does for you too

Edited by bally

Holly f**king batshit robin.... Don't DIY modify injectors, ever. That's how fires start.... and it doesn't help him install the adapter into manifold at all. OP are you 100% certain you have a s13 rail kit being fitted to a s13 manifold? There is a difference in size between s13 and 14/15 manifolds.

Edited by datsun180

.......cut part of a $100 injector off with sidecutters so u dont need to buy $5 collar.....WTF, even the muppets highflowing injectors wouldnt touch em with sidecutters

I didn't just all of a sudden come up with a f**king great solution... i was told to do this from a very reputable workshop in vic who has previously installed them in many SR20's before with no issues at all (not mentioning shop names here).

Is it simply removing a plastic cap on a lip... under the cap there is still a lip for the o-ring and it will be squashed upwards by theinjector and downwards by the supplied fitting...

Say what you like but there are no leaks or any issues with this method...

I dont really care what he does. Buy adapters,buy diffetent rail kit, cuts lips or whatever... i was just trying to help someone else in the same situation i was in.

Would you mind showing some pictures of what your explaing? Your method of modifying the injector means the injector seats into the manifold directly with no adapters collars or anything?

I still used the adapter collars, its just the little plastic black lip above the pintle cap that needs to be removed.

Untitled.png

20150528_153659.jpg

20150530_105810.jpg

20150528_153647.jpg

20150527_210817.jpg

That retains the o ring and its smaller in diameter than the o ring anyway?

well when you have the adapter collars in your hand you will see that with the black lip on there is no way possible for the injector to fit and you will have a leak... last thing you want...

Once you take this off the injector, it will be able to seat/fit nicely inside the adapter collar and then when it is bolted down all 4 o-rings will all be squashed and sealing with the pressure from the bolts and you should not have any leaks whatsoever.

The 4 o-rings:

The adapter collar to manifold

Top of injector

Bottom of injector

Top of injector extension to rail.

Don't use this method if it bothers you. Buy the $45 adapters from taarks.

Thanks guys for all the info. Very useful. Also Bally how did u connect up your fpr with the 3 outlets on the fuel rail? Trying to hook mine up the same way.

Hey Alex, I've only got one line coming from the fuel tank. It goes to the fuel filter first (get a cooper one, metal inside rather than paper) with a bit of normal hose then to a proflow adapter from hose to -8an or -6 an. I forgot what size exactly but from there I went to a proflow Y fitting so I could feed either end of the rail. The middle fitting will be your return to your tank, but it needs to go to your for before returning to the tank.

A little heads up, use the two smaller fittings provided for either end of the rail. You don't need to use the larger ones unless your running two pumps and lines from the tank to the rail. Good luck with it.

Look at my build thread I made yesterday and the last few pics on the first page should help you out with all the fittings you need :)

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2445312

Hey Bally thanks for the info. Just wondering whats the part number for the metal element fuel filter? Thanks

Don't use Vasoline.

Use silicone spray. It's actually rubber-friendly.

O rings on injectors are viton.... Almost invincible.