Sign in to follow this  
bally

Power FC injector correction help

Hey guys I've bought a set of Bosch 2000cc injectors for my SR and I wanted to drive it to my tuners shop rather than towing it. I had SARD 850cc injectors before and I worked out the injector correction and I just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track.

Would I be doing the calculation with the sards as the old injector or would I be doing it with my standard ones (370cc) ?

(Old injector / new injector) x 100 = injector correction

(850/2000) x 100 = 42.5% rounded to 43%

Latency some people in threads have said not to worry about but I found the figures for both injectors and thought I'd do it if I can make it more drive-able.

Sard 850cc 0.85ms

Bosch 2000cc 0.45ms

New injector - old injector = latency

0.45 - 0.85 = -0.4ms

Is this right?

Cheers

do you have a wideband?

most tuners don't even bother adjusting the injection correction properly however your latency will affect your idle AFR and light cruise dramatically.

but let's take in account your previous tune/tuner based the corrections off the stock injectors and scaled them correctly. If so, your calculations wrong. You need to work off the OEM injectors.

You do the latency for the injector as it's found on the ID site (Bosch and ID, same thing). So .504 for 14v. Scaling is sometimes a trial and error, but that calculation you did should be enough to get it start and you can adjust from there to get it running a bit nicer.

Ok so I worked out the injector correction is going to be 18.5% rounded to 19% using my stock injectors against the Bosch 2000's.

For injector latency I can't seem to find anything on that link to do with lag time or latency but I found on another site that it's 0.45ms.

The issue I'm having is that people on some pages have posted that stock s13/14 have 0.7ms lag time and some stated 0.58ms...

Which one to go with :/

As Johnny asked do u have a wideband?

If you do set the scaling correctly then use a few load points to check afr and it will show if lag time is correct, if lower rpm load points are off from the afr to the leaner side latency is to small and if richer then to low

Sorry but what is wide band?

As I said above, the latency for 2000s is 0.50ms at 14v with 43.5psi (standard fuel pressure). Its under the 'slope and offset' tab on that link. You just need to add a decimal place in front of the quoted numbers to get to ms

A wideband is like a more accurate, wider range o2 sensor. Measures the air fuel ratio of your exhaust so you know that the engine is tuned properly

Edited by nicknack

Unfortunately i don't have a wide band 02 sensor. I just wanted to get it started and running so i can get it to the tuners.

Thanks for all the responses guys

Well i just went into my power fc settings and i cant go lower than 25%... whats the go here?

All good guys. I got it sorted and running! :D

Thanks again for the help!

he probably changed the values on the injection map.. scaling injectors aren't that important with PowerFC.. as long as your latency is correct you should be able to hit stoich on idle.

Yeah i went into the power fc settings and went to injector data then theres the figures to play with for each cylinders injector. The left column has injector correction and right has latency.

Before anything I called my tuner and asked him about the injector correction just incase i was wrong and i was paranoid about damaging anything. On a power FC you can only go down to 25% correction as the lowest figure. he said it'll be fine to start it, move it round and drive it if need be. E85 throws this figure way out and would change the calculation to like 40% or so because of the injector duty compared to 98. This did mean it will be running a little rich if the percentage is higher, the car started first shot with a not bad idle and a touch of black smoke on the throttle blip but a lot better than i expected.

Injector latency was set at 0.20 before with my sard 850cc injectors and i was told to adjust them anywhere between -0.2 to 0.2 to get the idle ok for now as a rough base to play with. I ended up setting it to 0.16 and it idles fine and drives fine. Not boosting it around or anything but its very driveable until my tune this wednesday.