Sign in to follow this  
B00sted180

Buying Real Estate In South Australia

I'm looking into buying a house in Adelaide and was looking for any experience, recommendations, hints and tips. What areas should I be keeping clear of/consider? What banks should I keep clear of/consider? etc. Looking for just a general discussion.

A little bit of a background, looking around the $330,000 mark. Will be working either Northfield or in the City. Have already decided anything Elizabeth and upwards I'm not interested in. House requires to be established but not new, I don't want a maisonette, min of 3 bedrooms, quiet area due to working night shift, and a shed to work on the car would be ideal.

Hopefully through discussion I can make the whole experience clearer and a little less daunting.

Ingle farm has heaps of well priced houses, close proximity to northfield and about 12km to the cbd.

330k will get you a solid house with enough parking and a yard

Same up the top end of para Hills, reasonable prices with decent size blocks. I would not look at para Hills West though!

Where the housing trust homes are is terrible, I had friends there and I have seen syringes laying in the street. I'm not saying all people there are bad just that myself and most people wouldn't want that.

Bought a 3 bedroom place in ingle farm for 328, one of the nicer parts of ingle farm but anywhere around the para hills, para vista areas would fit your needs and im thinking with larger blocks/proximity to the cbd and everyone subdividing value is just going to increase