Sign in to follow this  
Alexandros180sx

E85 Fuel Filter

Hey guys just completing my E85 conversion on my type x and was wondering what metal element or normal fuel filters are you running? Thanks

normal filter, just change a hell of a lot more often, especially at first as it flushes a lot of gunk out of the tank when you first do the swap

^^ Mine is similar to that, it is MUCH bigger than factory but since its easily serviceable where you just pull the filter out give it a clean or just buy replacements its pretty simple.

I have ProFlow unit, i just secured it to then plenum as you cant let it just hang due to weight.

Yeah, I got 2, one inside the surgetank which screws into the bottom of the lid, its a 40 micron, and another just after the big dominator pump, I think its a 10, cant remember which way around, might be 40 after the pump and 10 in the surgetank... Bit of a slut to clean the one in the surgetank but small price to pay for peace of mind of not having blocked injectors when your on the go pedal :)

Yup, when the guy sold me mine even he was like you can just use a little filter which is about the same size as standard and i was like nope nope nope, with the results of E85 always varying and people having good/bad news about it i went with the better to be safe than sorry now my fuel filter is the same size as a fuel pump !

Ill go thru it every event, spin off top and fittings on the end making it quick and easy to inspect.

Antonio do you have a link to where you purchased you filter from? What brand is it?

normal filter, just change a hell of a lot more often, especially at first as it flushes a lot of gunk out of the tank when you first do the swap

still running standard issue s13 issue ryco fuel filters here - z201?? :S

I've been through 4x filters in almost 2.5 years;

last tune was cut short due to low fuel pressure above 5000rpm (40psi loss), so definitely check it regularly (fuel pressure gauge confirmed suspicions).

though having said that, the car does sit there for 8 month stints with the same fuel in it, so that may have something to do with build up inside the hoses.. :)

on a side note; a friend and I have tested, sealed and retested fuel (United 105/107) 6-12 months later with no degradation in ethanol content - so shelf life doesn't seem to be an issue like the drum bought ethanol fuels.

Edited by jdniss

That's because it's sealed inside a drum, no fresh air can enter, which means no moisture can enter. On the other hand a fuel tank isn't an air tight seal.

Filter makes the pictures attractive and enchanting because in this process we can change the colors of the pictures. So I would suggests you essay pro reviews it will give you some projects based on it.