Sign in to follow this  
blake12345

S15 Immobiliser Issue - Car wont start need help

Hey, my battery went completely dead recently so I took it out of the car and charged it. It was out of the car for a few days.

Now that it has been put back in the car turns over fine but wont fire. I am thinking that the immobiliser is stopping the car from starting. I dont have a fob I have always just used my key. Does pressing the button on the fob turn off the immobiliser or is something else going on?

Ive checked fuses, fuel pump, charge, spark plugs and everything else i can think off that is stopping the car from starting.

The car is pretty much standard adm S15

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Blake

most ADR alarms with immobilisers will not disengage the immobiliser functions until the button is pressed.

if starting from a locked state,my alarm will unlock on first press and disarm the immobilisers. if you leave the car untouched (dont open any doors) for 30 seconds, the car will re-lock and re-arm. if doors are opened, the doors wont re-lock and the sensors wont arm, but the immobiliser kicks in again and you have to disarm with the button.

i would say you have some similar function to this going on somewhere.

Thanks Varvs.

So its probably time to purchase myself a Dynamco remote to disable the immobiliser and hope thats my problem

Any auto elec would be able to reprogram you a new key fob ...cost me $50-$100 last time I did this.