Try GSL Rallysport/Brakes Direct in QLD. Cheapest I've seen for DBA rotors, even when posted to sydney where I am.

I bought DBA T3s for R33 GTST @ $376 shipped fomr TOG on ebay.

about $6-8 cheaper than brakes direct (although brakes direct are good guys and very knowledgeable on their products they sell)

Brakes direct in qld often push you to product they have large profit margins on. Very disappointing dealing with a company like that. They kept telling me the pad I wanted was over priced compared to another they wanted to sell me. Was $10 difference but they weren't a distributor of the pad so they had no profit margin. 1yr ago they would sell everyone winmax as they had a deal with then, now they just push pmu because winmax no longer works with them. There sales pitch on dba and pmu is that v8supercars use them but the only reason they do is because they are a sponsor and controled. Also be aware of dba copies around

Edited by Stuss15

^ how can you identify a copy, is it obvious or do you need to have orig and copy side by side to be able to tell?

Edited by sleepr

theres a breaks direct store about 10 minutes drive from home :rolleyes:, the guy there was real helpful and didn't push me toward s a particular brand, also gave me the cheapest price he could do on t3's

The thing that annoyed me is that they dont make T2s or even just good quality plain rotors for specific cars. They make T2 rears for R33, but not T2 fronts for example.

my friend with a Megane w/big brembos can buy Front T2s for the same price as T2 rears for my car, but I have to fork out extra $30 a rotor for the T3 fronts for a smaller front rotor than his car.

on top of that, he has a weird PCD due to being a Frog Mobile. its not as ubiquitous as a 5x114.3 (although probably shared with other euros)

Edited by Varvs

have noticed that aswell, a lot of companys, like pfc, only make the front pad and not a full set.

Considering the only difference between T2 and T3 is the temperature indicators you would think they could make them, I suppose its just the Skyline Tax being applied as per normal.

Pmu make front and rear HC800s although I dont see the point in rear pads being super aggressive anyway.

On the pad topic, I succumb from the consumers adage of 'too many choices' when reviewing the PFC options and have instead, been looking at Carbotech XP10's which sound by all reports to be as good as the PFC01's - users report they are very, very quiet with great cold bite, incredible pedal feel and heat resistance with low rotor wear with many, many people using them in daily's.

I'll do some more reading on the PFC01 now that the option list has been narrowed but I'm still keen to try the XP10's.

There's not enough people using pfc pads and honestly the guys that do often don't comment on these forums because it falls on def ears. Read all you like but any penut can write anything on the Internet with no experience or understanding. Pfc don't make rears for a s15 as its not highly sort after as its not a performance caliper. I can't stress how perfect the pads are. As for the copies, just buy from a reputable seller 👍

Anyone with experience with protex rotors? Got some new for a steal and have Lucas TRW pads in there. Aim to be driving it this year but curious.

Had a pit pass to the v8 supercars last weekend and I'm pretty sure the pads were blue if that means anything..

V8s are controled from with pmu, they can use whatever in the rear

Ah okay it was only the rear they had apart. Pretty nice day, got a tour thru the ford stables.

I use RDA plain rotors on my racecar. Never found any benefit from using slotted rotors, only disadvantages - increased pad wear and more likely to crack. They're cheap enough to replace every couple of sets of pads.

Edited by sc s15

...any penut can write anything on the Internet with no experience or understanding.

I know what you were getting at, but to everyone here, you're another peanut too.

In the absence of my own experience, the recommendations of drivers that have used a large variety of pads, and spent thousands doing the trial and error, is better than any business owner, distributor or data sheet.

Generally those ^^ types of people don't sit on forums or bookface all day everyday, some work in the industry whom of which are automatically regulated into the "he's just trying to sell me shit" category, so you're left with 'peanuts' who know have hardly any experience or knowledge pretending they know everything.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

...any penut can write anything on the Internet with no experience or understanding.

I know what you were getting at, but to everyone here, you're another peanut too.

In the absence of my own experience, the recommendations of drivers that have used a large variety of pads, and spent thousands doing the trial and error, is better than any business owner, distributor or data sheet.

Only thing is this penut has genuinely tried many good pads. This penut has both street tyre lap records at qr by nearly a second on both tracks with comparable power and weight to the next competitor. Not only that everything I've explained has been in great detail compared to other pads. I've explained modulation characteristics/ wear/ cold and hot performance and everything else. Good luck trying to find a sales rep or some bro science that can even understand what info I've passed on. Enjoy your new pads whatever you choose, what ever you get will be better in sure and like I've said earlier, get the other pads because one day if you try pfc 01 after the others you will understand how good the pad is.

Only thing is this penut has genuinely tried many good pads. This penut has both street tyre lap records at qr by nearly a second on both tracks with comparable power and weight to the next competitor. Not only that everything I've explained has been in great detail compared to other pads. I've explained modulation characteristics/ wear/ cold and hot performance and everything else. Good luck trying to find a sales rep or some bro science that can even understand what info I've passed on. Enjoy your new pads whatever you choose, what ever you get will be better in sure and like I've said earlier, get the other pads because one day if you try pfc 01 after the others you will understand how good the pad is.

Guess the irony was lost on you.

I wasn't having a dig so drop the attitude. I commented because I've been looking into the options lately and thought I'd found the only product with nothing but positive reviews so was actually trying to share some of that info with you too, and also generate some decent conversation.

I didn't think you were having a dig and there wasn't any attitude. I was giving information based on experience. What anyone does with it is up to them 👍

OK got peanuts in my calipers. Going for test drive now

Only thing is this penut has genuinely tried many good pads. This penut has both street tyre lap records at qr by nearly a second on both tracks with comparable power and weight to the next competitor.

Your record sounds very specific.

I have the lap record for all pewter s15's over 200,00km that race on thursdays and have drivers who name starts with P.

:P

OK got peanuts in my calipers. Going for test drive now

Roasted ones?

Only thing is this penut has genuinely tried many good pads. This penut has both street tyre lap records at qr by nearly a second on both tracks with comparable power and weight to the next competitor.

Your record sounds very specific.

I have the lap record for all pewter s15's over 200,00km that race on thursdays and have drivers who name starts with P.

:P

And ends in enis, your class is way more specific 😝