Sign in to follow this  
KiLlA_1580

yashio factory coilpack loom

Has anyone used the sr20 yashio factory coil pack loom and has it made a difference or fixed any issues like misfire or anything.

Edited by KiLlA_1580

Doubt it would do anything, the stock items are great.

^ LOL

the yashiofactory loom is supposed to increase the voltage at the coilpacks by 0.5Volt as they measured it.

you can make your own loom. the grounding is really average on the stock loom and the positive feed is about 10 meters long from the engine bay fuse box.

Improvements can be made.

Yeah I have had trouble with my standard loom. It was even brand new and the earthing wire was frayed and caused me huge headaches until I noticed it.

Looked into yashio but fixed the issue so stuck with it.

The yashio loom fixed my issues. Had bad misfire under boost, dud coil pack, still had shitty idle and slight misfire occasionally until I put the yashio loom in.

Edited by comebackkid

So are they worth the money or is it easy enough to make one with the right tools and knowledge.

I've got a miss at idle but under load its fine tried swapping coil packs and its still the same.

Edited by KiLlA_1580

Easy to make your own loom, just use thicker wire and better grounds, copy the factory loom.

Edited by sw1fty

Easy to make your own if you're skilled enough. I dont know what these looms cost but can guarantee they're not worth it. If you have a miss at idle but not on load its not ignition related.

Easy to make your own if you're skilled enough. I dont know what these looms cost but can guarantee they're not worth it. If you have a miss at idle but not on load its not ignition related.

What could it be then im stumped

Its a 180sx sr20det Mods are

Z32 afm, sard 880cc injectors,sard fpr,power fc,bosch 040,tomei poncams and ras,trust t518z turbo,and the usual turbo back fmic.

How bad of a missfire? Like little pops or fully running on 3? Probably a small air leak at the manifold somewhere causing a tiny lean spot.

I would be getting a smoke test done on the manifold, injectors cleaned and flow tested.

Even if you swap the injectors around and its still the 3rd one that doesn't change anything. Im replacing the intake gaskets as im gonna be cleaning the iacv. Ive done a comp test and they were 135 across all 4 could rings be causing a miss. Thanks for your help

Have you done a basic continuity test on the looms? If you have continuity wriggle the connectors to see if you lose it as a wire that's broken internally may only lose continuity when it's in a particular position. Usually the position it's in when plugged in.

Oh man I had that issue on my car, or something similar anyway. It would start and idle on 3, then when it warmed up would suddenly run on all 4. Was fine while driving.

Ended up replacing the whole engine loom as there was a short somewhere in it.