Sign in to follow this  
PsyberWolf

injector replacement on SR

Hi All,

My mechanic has advised one of my injectors is leaking and there isnt anyone who does a re-condition on injectors so i need to get new ones.

My question is - would this be a good time to upgrade injectors to a higher CC?, from reading the stock ones on a SR20DET dont push past maybe 9psi boost safely, i am hoping to run 14psi one day.

Also if i got a injector upgrade i would need a new ECU correct?, is there a cheap option (cheap piggy back, or even just a tune?) to go with till i can afford a new full new expensive ECU?.

If i run out of time i was just going to buy some new ones, does anyone know a place to get decent replacements - i found these and not sure if they are what id be looking for http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/sport-compact/nissan/240sx/1991-98-240sx

My car is a 1997 180sx type x blacktop sr20det.

Thanks!

Do yourself a favour and don't get the DW redrilled shit.

Either Nismo side feeds or go top feed conversion.

Don't bother with those eBay JECS 555cc or 1000cc, they're just redrilled shit too.

i have a full set of type X injectors for sale if you want em. they were working fine when removed.

i have a full set of type X injectors for sale if you want em. they were working fine when removed.

There u go psyberwolf, buy these, throw them in. No mods required = happy days.

And if you want to go a bit bigger then standard,I have a set of Nismo 555 injectors I would sell cheap.

would i still needa tune after throwing them in?

And if you want to go a bit bigger then standard,I have a set of Nismo 555 injectors I would sell cheap.

how cheap? are they used or new? ...would they be able to boost me up to 14psi safely?

got a quote for a top feed conversion, not cheap, but its looking like a good option at the moment, as i wanted all new parts for reliability.

a new ECU (nisstune), top feed injectors (new) and install and dyno tune is going to cost around 1.8k, does this sound reasonable?

would i still needa tune after throwing them in?

They are 380cc injectors. redtop/non-vct blacktop factory items. no tune required.

I don't mean to thread hijack, but I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried these injectors or if you think they'd be ok in an s13 sr20det?

http://scottyscustoms.com.au/product/xspurt-1000-short-long-nose/

I was going to get these ones originally http://scottyscustoms.com.au/product/xspurt-1000-short-14mm/ because they're short and will fit under a top feed fuel rail a little easier, but they're currently out of stock. So Scotty offered me the long nose ones instead, but I'm just not sure if they will work very well in my car. What's with the long stem? wouldn't it be more likely to just blast fuel against the walls of the intake rather than atomise, if it's too far in? If it even fits inside properly? What do you guys think? They're supposedly better for spray etc

I will be putting a set on my mate's car, however he has bought the 1150cc Bosch ones

I don't like Xspurt, most of their stuff is modified to achieve the flow rates required.

"Made from a Bosch injector base, we do the modification in house to turn them into Xspurt 1000’s. "

Buy unmodified Bosch injectors brah

Edited by Johnnilicte

Hmm where is a good place to get the unmodified Bosch 1000cc short injectors then?

I went with the Bosch 1150cc injectors from aftermarket industries for $99 each.

I've got everything now, just need to put it all in and get a tune. Lol it's taking me a long time to do everything.

One issue I've got now is the wiring adapters I got for the injectors, they don't really fit that well at all.

What did you guys do for that?

I got some Denso male (to go into the harness end) to EV1 female (to go into the new injector) and the EV1 end fits like a glove, but the denso end that plugs into the existing injector harness is very similar but maybe slightly different. I'll try just jamming them in and see how it goes I guess, but I was wondering what you guys did? I guess I could chop off the harness and solder it onto the adapter I've got, but I'd rather not.

used the pigtails from clean-injection.. however, cut/shut new plugs would be a better approach as you don't increase any resistance by adding more connectors.