Sign in to follow this  
Neptune Harrod

SR20DE to DET Swap Immobiliser issues

Hey buds I'm doing a sr20det swap because my Sr20de clapped (big end knock) and my silvia has an immobiliser. In my swap i have a loom, injectors etc blah blah blah i have it all. But will the immobiliser be a problem during my swap? or when i plug everything in should it all be good and run fine? Cheers

Get a mobile immobiliser / alarm guy to come around and sort it out and then your car will be safer afterwards. Problem solved. How easy was that.??

• Upvote 1

Find immobilizer, isolate connections, emulate on new loom.

• Upvote 1

You won't be able to run a SR DET on an SR DE factory body loom as there is no relay for the coil packs. Your immobiliser will most likely be installed under the dash and not make a difference to the engine loom install.

You're changing the whole front body loom? If so your immobiliser will go with it.

What I'm saying is, an sr de body loom doesn't have coil pack power to run the sr det loom even though its a straight plug in.

• Upvote 1

Another question, I'm not a big expert on the silvas. Would i need coil packs to make my new engine run? or can i just use the normal spark plug cover things? Thank you for the help, really getting my head around this :rolleyes:

Unless you have an aftermarket ECU you will need DET computer, DET loom, modified stock or swap to DET front body loom, DET coil packs.

• Upvote 1