Sign in to follow this  
Myles_SR20

S14 front brakes + r33 rear brakes

So I bought r33 rear brake assembly's for my s14. Obviously changing from a single to dual piston caliper in the rear I will have to change to a r33 bmc. But will the pedal feel be good with s14 front rotor being a lot smaller than the r33

Pedal feel is more to do with BMC, pads and lines than rotor size, I think.

Will be fine. They are basically the same front calliper, only real difference is the rotor size. the R33 one is alloy, but that is not important.

i have just done the 300zx (same as r33) rear brake upgrade as well, but i am opting for EVO brembos up front and a BM57 (17/16'') brake master off a turbo 300zx. hopefully its a good package..

^ Z32 and R33 brakes are different. With the master cylinder for the EVO brakes, you should use a patrol MC

I have r33 rear brakes with standard front calipers on my s14, using r33 non abs bmc, pedal feel is spot on, I think it's mainly the bias that is different

Is it much of an upgrade going to R33 rears? And are they generally fine to use with the standard S14 BMC?

Easy as conversion, need r33 handbrake cables, use r33 hub with drum handbrake etc, all just bolts in, I had braided lines to suit stock brakes, these fitted straight in, can't comment on bmc as I swapped the r33 one in at the same time

So Ive been looking everywhere for a r33 gtst master cylinder. The local brake distributor cant even find anything!! Anyone know where to find one? BM44 ABS

Ebay and Gumtree at the moment.

rear braided lines for S-chassis dont fit with Rear R33 brakes.

Found Garage 13 had a few and for a good price! Dont r33 brake hoses fit s chassis?

I didnt do mine but the mechanic gave my S-chassis rear braided hoses back with the calipers after fitting the R33 rear brakes.

Gktech for brake lines

i know this post is a few days old but for brake lines go https://au.helperformance.com they are one of very few aus made ADR approved lines and tell them what you have and they do a bolt on kit, eg s13 to r33 calipers, you can buy a pair only also. and they have the adaptors so you remove the hard metal pipe on the caliper side. for master cylinder i use a r32 gtst bm44 on exactly the same brake set up and it works well. i believe bias is the only difference, i would suggest use currant bmc before purchasing anything if your not satisfied then upgrade