Sign in to follow this  
loz

Server Upgrade

Hey Guys,

just a quick post to let everyone know some time over the next 2 weeks, we will be migrating the server to a new hosting platform which will hopefully be faster and more stable.

I expect there will be 2-8 hours of downtime while this happens, as well as possible loss of posts / data within a 24hour window of it occurring.

After the migration and testing phase, will hopefully be looking to roll out some upgrades including :

- Focusing the forums back to nissansilvia.com

- Full forum Upgrade

- Full re-design of Nissansilvia & Hardtuned

- Blog Integration inc. Blog development for all other "tuned" sites.

-loz

• Upvote 3

good stuff... I suggest some form of structure like the old days.. people came here for the technical wealth such as:

• Technical
  • Suspension & Drivetrain
  • General Maintenance

Also don't limit the pages, I think you can only go back like 2x pages of threads.. at least cap it at 10 and a good search is a must.

Will you be looking at converting tech write-ups from the threads into centralized articles if you are going down the blog route?

good stuff... I suggest some form of structure like the old days.. people came here for the technical wealth such as:

• Technical
  • Suspension & Drivetrain
  • General Maintenance

Also don't limit the pages, I think you can only go back like 2x pages of threads.. at least cap it at 10 and a good search is a must.

Ditto.

This site went down hill almost overnight when it was merged with boost cruising years ago or whatever happened with the hardtuned makeover.

It got too fancy for it's own good. Take it back to it's roots. Get rid of most of the sub forums too whilst you're at it, especially the off topic ones. They make this place look like a ghost town.

Loz, if you want SEO crap.. just re-direct all the other 10000000x dead URLs into nissansilvia.com

OR just sell them off or drop them.. since you're losing money on the domain names anyhow,

I think Loz was 18 days late for April fools day.