HI All!

I'll start off by saying that I own a 1999 Nissan Silvia s15 Spec-R and have so since last November. I'm at the stage now where I want to start upgrading it. The car is used on the daily and is still bone stock but runs like a charm. Could anyone give me some pointers on where I should start/give me Intel on where I should get parts from? Price range, I'm not fussed about. As long as I know the supplier is legit and won't do a dodgy. Lastly, I want to start off slow and don't want to go full blown on upgrades. Slowly but surely.

Thank you in advance if you took your time to read/help me out!

Edited by SynthMate

suspension brakes and tyres would be a good start.

mca blue coilovers, upgraded pads and disc, and any performance street tyres will improve greatly on the stock platform.

front mount intercooler, turbo back exhaust and electronic boost controller should keep you happy and a good starting platform.

After all that, NPC clutch, bigger turbo, cams,injectors, maf and a nistune.

bang for buck.

start with tires. Bridgestone Re003 or better.

then brakes - PMU or Endless or any other ones that come highly recommended from here. stay clear of bendix.

Suspension - MCA as mentioned already (you may need some rear suspension arms if you drop it too much in height)

strut brace if you wish.

3" turbo back exhaust.

Pod filter or high flow panel with box mods to suit.

then "free boost mod"

at your new found power levels, dont try driftingon the street..., you will come unstuck with stock suspension. unless your used to driving like that... on a track of course.

then FMIC

your clutch will be giving you a hard time by now if it hasnt started slipping already.

then fuel pump and injectors and computer

then turbo cams etc etc etc. skys the limit.

get your car set up to handle power firstly before doing power mods. it can help you save writing the car off.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps poorly worded title. Ebay Turbo would surely give you the most "BANG" for your buck :rolleyes:

and dose pipe

and the 2step :-\

all the cool kids are doign it

I am :)

2-step betches

Off topic, but what do you reckon about long term turbo damage with anti-lag / launch control Johnny?

Been tossing it up for the drags, but the T04Z has probably seen better days...

To the op... Add blast pipes to the list 😄👍

it's not "that" bad if used in quick bursts however there's tremendous amount of force on the turbine each time there's a "backfire"..

Did you know BW EFR covers anti-lag as part of their warranty?

at the end of the day, you'll do more damage over spinning your turbo, i.e. run so much boost past the efficiency zone the turbo is spinning at stupid speeds and generating huge amounts of harmonics.

Aftermarket coil pack. Watch it keep pulling in high rev range after u change them. Can't believe the difference

it's not "that" bad if used in quick bursts however there's tremendous amount of force on the turbine each time there's a "backfire"..

Did you know BW EFR covers anti-lag as part of their warranty?

at the end of the day, you'll do more damage over spinning your turbo, i.e. run so much boost past the efficiency zone the turbo is spinning at stupid speeds and generating huge amounts of harmonics.

Haha I always wanted a 2 step but I've read they're extra bad on the Srs because the rockers break so easy? Id totally get one of that's not the case hahaha

meh..

so if you do it too long you also create a lot of heat, shit can start melting near exhaust / turbo that never used too.

break shit , do 2step crapola haha. choice is yours :)

melt oil return pipes n shit

start fire

everyones a winnarrrrrrrrrr haha

don't be mad your dinorrrawwrr PowerFC doesn't have 2-step, and other cool kid features LOL

my dinosaur pfc works just ok, just manually monitor shit and its good. haha.

it has a rev limiter :P pfft, who needs antilag :P it gets driven twice a month haha :(

engine protection? smile.png

tune for it.

but yes im not denying that there arent better ecu;s on the market, but hey its what i have, it works n shit.

NO. you need side feed injectors for stock sr20. Don't buy from eBay, buy from a trusted seller of nismo parts like taarks or someone local to you.

If you go for 1/2 height Bosch injectors and remove the collar then fit 2x o-rings just as the nozzle meets with the body they will fit using a basic eBay rail.

Installed a set last weekend, no need for plenum spacers or any of that junk... alternatively, just get the entire kit from clean-injection from eBay US.

Best bang for buck by far = NOS :)

If you go for 1/2 height Bosch injectors and remove the collar then fit 2x o-rings just as the nozzle meets with the body they will fit using a basic eBay rail.

Installed a set last weekend, no need for plenum spacers or any of that junk... alternatively, just get the entire kit from clean-injection from eBay US.

Nice thank you will look in to it

How far can we push 850cc injectors?

if you're on 98RON you should hit about 300kW or even more

on E85 no chance, too small...

I personally would get injectors in the 1xxx size, the ID1300 look the goods.. no modified tips.. All stainless bosch 1250cc injectors have milled off tips.. I personally like the 1150cc Bosch injectors made for jetskis.. yes they don't flow 1150 at 3 bar (needs to be at 4) but run them at 3.5 bar and you'll have about 1000cc injectors which flow superbly and atomise very well

Update**

I have now got a stainless steel exhaust installed. High flow cats, 3" turbo back.

I'm now after an intercooler kit. Any recommendations. Best quality brands and reliable please!

greddy make a bolt on kit aimed at entry level. 500-700 bux. could be less these days. just do some research. anyhting 600*300*75 will be overkill for a street daily car. not leaking of course.