Sign in to follow this  
chaos85

Head gasket for 250rwkw. 1.0mm ok?

Hey guys, I have some parts sitting here ready to go on but need a stronger head gasket for my S15. I have an Apexi ax53b70, bigger cooler/injectors/fuel pump, poncams, adjustable cam gear on the exhaust side, Power FC(all not yet installed) etc so all the support modifications are there. In regards to a head gasket, I want to retain the stock(or better) response/minimal lag so I don't want to go too thick. Would a 1.0mm thick head gasket still be able to get me max power with the turbo and setup I have? 87mm bore is fine for an S15 SR20DET? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by chaos85

Hey guys, I have some parts sitting here ready to go on but need a stronger head gasket for my S15. I have an Apexi ax53b70, bigger cooler/injectors/fuel pump, poncams, adjustable cam gear on the exhaust side, Power FC(all not yet installed) etc so all the support modifications are there. In regards to a head gasket, I want to retain the stock(or better) response/minimal lag so I don't want to go too thick. Would a 1.0mm thick head gasket still be able to get me max power with the turbo and setup I have? 87mm bore is fine for an S15 SR20DET? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

keep stock HG, put in ARP studs without opening the motor and get a better turbo.. you don't even need head gasket OR studs for 250kW.. but studs are a good idea nevertheless

You've already asked this question and I'm giving you the same answer.

I recently tuned a S15 with stock HG, stock studs with Poncams, GT2871 (dinosaur turbo) and usually bolt ons.. makes 254kW @ 22psi and runs high 12s down the quarter. Car has not exploded.

Dont touch the headgasket until it goes bang.

250rwkw will be fine for standard gasket.