Sign in to follow this  
Bobo180sx

How old are u and what import you drive?

Hi all,

ill go first..

30 years old and still own a 180sx

I thought about selling it multiple times as i thought i may be getting too old for the import scene but just couldn't get rid of it.

Owned the car for about 10 years, has not seen much road time the last few years but i am in the process of doing some more work to it and getting it ready for the occasional track day......

Don't really drive any of them lol...

29years old. 2x s13 and a r32 gtr. Owned 1 of the s13's for 10-11 years (ongoing project).

27 years old.

My 180sx has been my first car since i was 18. Have owned it for nearly 10 years obviously. Haven't driven it at all in 2 years due to fuck arounds and getting new shit put it in.

I have considering selling it at one point when it had blown engine and thought i'll never get it going again. But it's honestly my pride and joy and i'll never get rid of it.

Also have an S15 daily driver.

I'm 31, had the sil80 for 9years and it's now more of a weekender also s14 that is a neat daily. Will never sell either as its impossible to find decent examples these days.

Im 43, had a 180 and an s15 but sold them for practicality with a family, have got an s13 track car but since moving to cairns 10 months ago it hasn't seen any action. Will hopefully be getting down to a drift day at Townsville at the end of the month

Also have a Corolla as a kahnacross car to try and fill the need for getting sideways up here

I'm 24 and got my 180sx which I've had since 19. Always cracking the shits at it and talk about selling it but don't think I ever will. I got it 99% standard with it's original engine which it still currently has. I've invested too much into it to ever let it go. Unfortunately it spends more time as a shed ornament rather then being enjoyed at the moment though.

27 years old.

My 180sx has been my first car since i was 18. Have owned it for nearly 10 years obviously. Haven't driven it at all in 2 years due to fuck arounds and getting new shit put it in.

I have considering selling it at one point when it had blown engine and thought i'll never get it going again. But it's honestly my pride and joy and i'll never get rid of it.

Also have an S15 daily driver.

Nice man, once u go 180 u never go back lol, Ur from vic as well, what area?

I got a BF LPG as daily, best daily as it wastes no lpg, and so cheap

I'm 24 and got my 180sx which I've had since 19. Always cracking the shits at it and talk about selling it but don't think I ever will. I got it 99% standard with it's original engine which it still currently has. I've invested too much into it to ever let it go. Unfortunately it spends more time as a shed ornament rather then being enjoyed at the moment though.

hahaha same as me, the amount of times i have said fk this im selling it is countless lol, but at the end of the day still love it lol

Never get the money back u put in it, whats worse is seeing someone else driving ur pride and joy if u sell it

I'm 22 now, looking for a Series 8 RX7.

I was 16 when I bought my first S13.

At 18 I bought a turbo S13 after someone rear ended me and my N/A got written off. I got an exemption to drive the turbo on my P's. I got pulled over on a weekly basis.

20 I bought my 180sx Type X off Andy who is a moderator on here. I wasn't bothered getting an exemption for it so I just drove it for 6 months P plates showing and everything lol. I even got brembos and TE37's, imagine that.

Now I'm 22 and looking for a change :-).

34. Have an s15 for about 10 years now... Don't drive it too much nowadays as we have a daily car but not planning to sell it either!

I'm 46, owned my S15 for a bit over 12 years, it still had factory warranty when I bought it! Had it for a month then the mods started. It rarely gets driven but I can't see myself selling it.

I'm 22 now, looking for a Series 8 RX7.

I was 16 when I bought my first S13.

At 18 I bought a turbo S13 after someone rear ended me and my N/A got written off. I got an exemption to drive the turbo on my P's. I got pulled over on a weekly basis.

20 I bought my 180sx Type X off Andy who is a moderator on here. I wasn't bothered getting an exemption for it so I just drove it for 6 months P plates showing and everything lol. I even got brembos and TE37's, imagine that.

Now I'm 22 and looking for a change :-).

get a GTR, stay with the nissan fam lol

Some R33 gtr going for cheapppp

Im 30 and at home i currently have

D22 nissan Navara, 3.2 + turbo + w2a + lift + etc etc

180sx - owned since i was 20, been an ongoing project for last 5 years

180sx - had about a year, 360Hp sr20det drift shitter, unrego

ae86 that sits there going up in value for no other reason than drift tax

Do i dont really drive anything other than the d22, but im actually looking to get a falcon ute cause im not overly happy with how the d22 tows the car trailer.

29. Had my 180 for 4 years. I had plans on modding it, but it was too fucking stock and was such a nice daily that I sort of didn't want to. After looking at a few modded 180s and toying with getting a modded GTST, I wound up trying out an Evo VI and was pretty amazed at how much better it felt to drive - plus they're silly fast on track - so I got one with basic mods and ordered some MCAs.

FD RX7 is what I really wanted but it's hard to find a good one, plus they're a tad expensive and will get pricier as time goes on, so not sure if I'll ever own one

Edited by Skepticism

Great thread!

I'm 29.

Bought my first 180sx at 18.

I've been through a heap of cars since then: About 5 180sx's, GC8 WRX, N14, R34 GTT, R32 gtst, civic vtir, NJ Pajero and SV62 vitara, all bought in various conditions (a couple of rolling shells) and sold for various reasons: travelling, uni fees, wedding, houses, cracking the shits, other investments, etc

I currently have a very stock 95 180sx auto which sits at home unregistered and an NJ Pajero for 4x4/camping. Not going to sell the 180sx for a long time as its the cleanest one yet and ive ticked alot of the 'growing up' boxes

I'm 33. Had my 180 for 10 years, try to get it out every month to keep it in decent running condition. I've not got the funds to do the things I want to do properly atm so its a project in waiting

I cant sell it for some unknown sentimental reasons. My theory is if I sell it now I'll only want to buy another one down the track, then have trouble with trying to find a stockish one for rego or playing the queensland tranport/modified car game. So i just keep paying rego and avoiding police.

Daily drive an fg turbo ute. Far less stressful.

Seems everyone is around 30 and has a 180sx, that's fine by me as I am 30 and wanting a 180sx haha!

I owned my first S-Chassis when I was 25.

Really want a decent Ute/4x4 pickup first when I get to Oz (will be a future tow car so need to be capable) any suggestions?

Seems everyone is around 30 and has a 180sx, that's fine by me as I am 30 and wanting a 180sx haha!

Don't think any of us want to let them go LOL.

I love it too much and i don't see as much of them anymore on the road. Especially ones in good condition.

I bought my S14a when i was 21, it was only 4 years old at the time

35 now :/

23yrsold, own a 1996 180sx Type X. Absolutely love the car as it is my first turbo :D.

Just a curious question though,

I often see these cars for sale and the amount of people who actually enquire to buy it is crazy!

And it still maintains good value.

What would/are be your reasons for sale?

What would/are be your reasons to re purchase or purchase a 180sx (Type X or not) ?

Seems to happen more often than I think haha!

23yrsold, own a 1996 180sx Type X. Absolutely love the car as it is my first turbo :D.

I often see these cars for sale and the amount of people who actually enquire to buy it is crazy!

What would/are be your reasons to re purchase or purchase a 180sx (Type X or not) ?

They are going up in price.

Supply and demand. Even stock Type X's are fetching 13-15k at times.

I bought a Type X just to stay loyal to the Silvia family, but I sold it because it rarely got driven.

Im sure if I held onto the 180sx it would just go up in value but my space is limited + I didn't mind the extra cash especially since I sold it over double what it cost me.

You don't see them on the roads over here at all.

There is one s14a that I know of, makes it all the better for owning something different but then again I doubt mine would be rego'd/see much of the road anyway once big plans start to kick in lol

I'm 37 and don't have an import...

I have a prado at work and my wife has a cx5 which is the family car. I have a 1200 ute project which I have never driven in 15 or so years.

I'm 37 and own an 89 180sx (CA FTW )

had it about 5 or 6 years, only drove it on and off the trailer when i bought it, work in progress. Was relatively stock but had a hard life so i got it cheap.....not stock anymore.

Previous import was an SW20 MR2 Turbo, nice car to drive if setup right, real mongrel to work on.

Im 26 and currently own an s15 spec R. Got into the import scene when i was still on P's and had an sr20de s13 daily driver/drift pig.

Spent alot of time at QR and Archerfield throwing it around. Moved onto e36 318i, prelude, ba ute and a charade. Got bored and caught the modifying bug again and have since been building the s15 over the past 2 yrs to be a clean respectable daily that will hopefully see a bit of circuit time.

23yrsold, own a 1996 180sx Type X. Absolutely love the car as it is my first turbo biggrin.png.

30 with a Type X here. had it for nearly 9 years.

Reasons I am looking to sell in the near future

Moved out of mum and dads so lack of work space and changing life style. havent had the time to prep for or go to the track in over a year.

love the car, will probably regret it once its gone, but its taking more joy than its giving at this stage.

27, bought my first sil a couple of months after I joined here when I was 18 ( actually tried to buy that first s13 back 6 months ago but couldnt come to agreement on price with current owner). Had quite a few since then that I have put time and effort into along with about as many bought to tidy up and sell/ part/ shells that never got on complete ect

So about the 7th one I would actually car 'my car'. Reshelling the motor that was origianlly in my s14, then sil80 for 2.5 years now going into a seafoam s13. Got as unmolested one as I could find these days, which still isnt crash hot (but not hacked for fmic ect), and putting all my rare/wierd parts in and putting a bit more effort into it as kinda a restomod with as much brand new OEM stuff as I can justify. So this will hopefully be the that 'keep forever' car. Dont think it will be my last one, but will be hopefully the one Ill keep if I have 2 ect

Can see me being the guy willing to pay big money for a non fucked shell when im 40+ like guys with dattos/ early falcons and holdens now as had one when I was young. So trying to just build it now and hang on lol

Edited by (Locky)

Got my S13 at 19, trashed it a bit but can't let it go. Waiting to dump some decent money on it to make it nice again.

Bought an awesome condition Evo 5 about 1.5 years ago for something a bit nicer and because I've always wanted one.

Honestly can't see myself selling either car. Don't have to drive daily so both cars are essentially weekenders which means I enjoy it even more when I do jump in and go driving.

so nice to see im not the only one who cant let go off the 180sx lol lots of us 30+ in the same boat lol

the 180sx still gets some thumbs up when i take it out on the weekend, feels good mann feels goooooood

I'm still the oldest one here, surely there must be atleast one person older.!