Sign in to follow this  
ColS15

efr 6258 t4

Btw, which single scroll turbine housing would one go for? .64 or .85?

Edited by ru55kj

Guessing by how little information available on these GEN2 turbos they don't have anything revolutionary new comparing to the previous ones.

I think the gen 2 turbos were just officially released this week at SEMA. on their Instagram they have some info - new compressor housings and compressor aero, available with v-band outlet on the compressor housing, speed sensor port. They are claiming around 10% increase in power over previous version.

I forgot to also mention reverse rotation as well on the gen 2. More aimed at v engines to allow mirror image engine bays I guess.

I forgot to also mention reverse rotation as well on the gen 2. More aimed at v engines to allow mirror image engine bays I guess.

Agreed. Unfortunately these seem to be designed for bigger engines running lower boost. One look at the compressor map and you can see that the efficiency above 20psi is absolute balls. And actually the efficiency in general is sacrificed to an extent for meagre gains in flow at the top-end - so intake temps will be a tad warmer as well than the first-gen GTX.

Edited by Skepticism

What size cc short injectors (33.6mm o-ring to o-ring) are best suited to running e85 and 300rwkw with some head room?

Are the stainless body ones short?

It's the external twin gate manifold only, I need the internal.

$500 postage from the US to Australia for a manifold.. has trump ruined their postage system.

Use a freight forwarder.

Fuck paying $500 for shipping.

Soo, almost 7 months later... Anyone here who purchased the 6758 have any updates / results??

Hey mate, my mate Rob who runs RM Performance & Dyno Tuning ran a 6758 on his personal setup.

Forged SR20DET (Stock Compression I believe)

6758 with V Band

6boost Manifold

264 Cams (No VCT)

Full 3.5" turbo back with two mufflers

Usual supporting mods

98 Fuel

Made 250kw @ 15psi...it had heaps left in it, especially as he hadn't even put in E85 yet...but he's swapping a 1jz now, lol.

Soo, almost 7 months later... Anyone here who purchased the 6758 have any updates / results??

be a man.

Hey mate, my mate Rob who runs RM Performance & Dyno Tuning ran a 6758 on his personal setup.

https://www.facebook...733468736812394

Nice results. Keen to see how much better a similar setup would be with VCT and a T4 t/s housing.

be a man.

Overkill for a 350hp goal.

Plus a certain big fist mate hasn’t had the best experience with his, so it’s not a compelling option.

Nice results. Keen to see how much better a similar setup would be with VCT and a T4 t/s housing.

I've got a T4 6758 on order, so I'll be having a play around with it on my 15 once it gets here. I currently run Poncams, but wonder if I should step up slightly. I've also got some 260/260/12mm lift Procams tucked away that I thought about running with it, just unsure.

It's all going to be new to me, with the current setup being an externally gated T518Z on E85 making 280ish at 18-20psi.

I've got a T4 6758 on order, so I'll be having a play around with it on my 15 once it gets here. I currently run Poncams, but wonder if I should step up slightly. I've also got some 260/260/12mm lift Procams tucked away that I thought about running with it, just unsure.

It's all going to be new to me, with the current setup being an externally gated T518Z on E85 making 280ish at 18-20psi.

Looking forward to the results ! How much boost are you planning to run ?

Unsure yet, I'm sort of at a crossroads at the moment. Car is pretty much track only and is starting to use a decent amount of oil at trackdays now on the original motor with standard bottom end. So I'm guessing it'll need a freshen up I the near future, so I guess I may as well build the bottom end.

Then that opens up a can of worms since I also have a VE head sitting around, which I'd then be tempted to throw on the way it is, unported, maybe just a clean up, and with some valve springs and P12 cams I've got tucked away too. And just see what happens, but that all costs money to do, so I've got some thinking to do.

Or the sane option is to just freshen up the bottom end and retune with this new turbo. But who's sane these days?

Unsure yet, I'm sort of at a crossroads at the moment. Car is pretty much track only and is starting to use a decent amount of oil at trackdays now on the original motor with standard bottom end. So I'm guessing it'll need a freshen up I the near future, so I guess I may as well build the bottom end.

Then that opens up a can of worms since I also have a VE head sitting around, which I'd then be tempted to throw on the way it is, unported, maybe just a clean up, and with some valve springs and P12 cams I've got tucked away too. And just see what happens, but that all costs money to do, so I've got some thinking to do.

Or the sane option is to just freshen up the bottom end and retune with this new turbo. But who's sane these days?

I am literally in the same boat. I reckon fit the turbo, run it and see how it goes. When it pops, build the ve head motor. That's my plan.

Awesome, keep us updated with how it goes.

What EX manifold are you going with?

Most probably Hypertune, just unsure of whether to go low or high mount. Plan to move the intercooler under the radiator support, so whichever location is going to make the pipe work easier.