Sign in to follow this  
Bobo180sx

Mamba Turbo Braided oil/water lines, Any good?

Hi Guys,

In the process of getting some braided turbo lines for my T28 upgrade, Has anyone fitted up Mamba Turbo braided lines?

A lot cheaper than Earls Braided Lines, i know Earls are the best but surely there cant be that much of a difference?

Any feedback would be much appreciated......

I used mamba braided turbo lines when i fitted my vn14. It has been running 20psi with no leaks in the hoses or fittings for the last 6 months. So i think theyre fine for a cheaper alternative hose kit.

Just to add a twist to all of this, at the beginning of the year I bought a $1000 of Earls shit from the Earls shop in Silverwater, and after a discussion about the Earls lines I had which cooked when my last engine blew, I brought them in to show the guy. According to him, the lines I had were not genuine Earls, despite having bought them from a reputable seller for $200+ and they came in very 'genuine' looking packaging. Comparing the fitting design, there were distinct differences, and his claim was that Earls had always used their smooth-tapered design and nothing else.

Further to this, he claimed that Earls didn't have a kit for the SR20, and that it was something they were working on.

Before you buy an "Earls" kit, I'd suggest you first contact the Earls shop and get their comment, as those kits are either made by Earls USA and are unknown to Earls Australia, or they're all counterfeit. It could also be that the shop guy was full of shit, but he did raise some seemingly valid points.

I will also point out that if you make a kit yourself, or find one using the fittings, Fragola are comparable to Earls and imo Aeroflow are too. In fact, the Earls shop in Silverwater actually sell Fragola fittings to fill holes in their inventory, namely the metric-to-imperial threaded barbs that Earls don't make. Considering the massive price difference, I won't be buying Earls fittings again.

Just to add a twist to all of this, at the beginning of the year I bought a $1000 of Earls shit from the Earls shop in Silverwater, and after a discussion about the Earls lines I had which cooked when my last engine blew, I brought them in to show the guy. According to him, the lines I had were not genuine Earls, despite having bought them from a reputable seller for $200+ and they came in very 'genuine' looking packaging. Comparing the fitting design, there were distinct differences, and his claim was that Earls had always used their smooth-tapered design and nothing else.

Further to this, he claimed that Earls didn't have a kit for the SR20, and that it was something they were working on.

Before you buy an "Earls" kit, I'd suggest you first contact the Earls shop and get their comment, as those kits are either made by Earls USA and are unknown to Earls Australia, or they're all counterfeit. It could also be that the shop guy was full of shit, but he did raise some seemingly valid points.

I will also point out that if you make a kit yourself, or find one using the fittings, Fragola are comparable to Earls and imo Aeroflow are too. In fact, the Earls shop in Silverwater actually sell Fragola fittings to fill holes in their inventory, namely the metric-to-imperial threaded barbs that Earls don't make. Considering the massive price difference, I won't be buying Earls fittings again.

lol even more confused now, but it does not surprise me that they could be counterfeits, seems like everything is these days.....

what you currently running in your car? what brand braided lines?

I had GKtech Earls lines and the water fittings for the turbo rusted out within a year.

switched to speedflow when I put my new turbo in and no issues 1 year on.

I had GKtech Earls lines and the water fittings for the turbo rusted out within a year.

switched to speedflow when I put my new turbo in and no issues 1 year on.

man seems like its hard to find quality products these days, im thinking of just getting the Mamba braided lines and see how i go, looks like getting Earls is deff not worth it....

If you are getting rusty fittings then I'd be more concerned about what "coolant" you're using.

truth be told I ran water only for a little while due to a leak, but they are aluminium fittings so shouldnt really be rusting, and definitely not to the point of crumbling within a year.

lol even more confused now, but it does not surprise me that they could be counterfeits, seems like everything is these days.....

Currently running the most ghetto shit in the land; oem S13/S15 hard lines cut and joined together with silicone hose and host clamps.

My ultimate plan is to see if I can flare the cuts and mount a brake-line-style braided hose barb, and replace the silicone with braid. in saying that, I'd say that with better clamps and a nice flare at the end, I could probably keep the silicone. Gets the job done, that's for sure!

Currently running the most ghetto shit in the land; oem S13/S15 hard lines cut and joined together with silicone hose and host clamps.

My ultimate plan is to see if I can flare the cuts and mount a brake-line-style braided hose barb, and replace the silicone with braid. in saying that, I'd say that with better clamps and a nice flare at the end, I could probably keep the silicone. Gets the job done, that's for sure!

Lmao sometimes ghetto is best lol ill get the mamba braided lines and see what happens.

Spoke with Earls in Sydney this afternoon and they have advised me they do a S13 kit, i believe that a lot of the re sellers must be bringing in stuff that looks like earls and selling it off as genuine parts and thats where the problems is....

My kinugawa lines wept coolant constantly. Was frustrating as fuck.

My gktech earls lines frayed pretty quickly and cut your arms up if you even look at the engine bay.

Any braided line that uses straight fittings are TOO LONG. You have to loop them around to make them fit.

Had some old school HKS braided lines that were the same length as OEM, because they used banjo bolts. Perfect fit, and no excess lines filling up the engine bay.

It's apparently very hard to find non-China braided lines that use banjo bolts. HPI sell them, but very expensive. Next time I get stock lines, I'll get pirtek to copy them.

Buy aeroflow fittings and make the lines yourself. Doesn't take long and you can make hoses as long/short. Plenty of different types of fittings to make it look good.

The way I read this is that you went and bought Earls fittings and lines from Earls in Silverwater, who are the official Earls in Australia, then laaaaaaaaaater on you went back to them and they said they were fake???

When did this happen and who did you talk to? Because in recent years it was bought out by one guy who now runs the whole show.

Buy aeroflow fittings and make the lines yourself. Doesn't take long and you can make hoses as long/short. Plenty of different types of fittings to make it look good.

Just found this from Aeroflow:

https://www.aeroflow...e.com/af30-1001

Not bad pricing either........

It seems like someone has copied someone has copied someonehas copied someonehas copied someonehas copied someone - like Wizard said we found that straight fittings didn't work and got in the way of everything. If you look a little closer you'll see one of the lines uses a worm clamp lol

We ended up custom making them, it costed over $300.

Just found this from Aeroflow:

https://www.aeroflow...e.com/af30-1001

Not bad pricing either........

It seems like someone has copied someone has copied someonehas copied someonehas copied someonehas copied someone - like Wizard said we found that straight fittings didn't work and got in the way of everything. If you look a little closer you'll see one of the lines uses a worm clamp lol

We ended up custom making them, it costed over $300.

Does the Aeroflow seem like a good buy? Or should i take off my turbo get the stock OEM lines and take them in to get matched up to the same length?

The way I read this is that you went and bought Earls fittings and lines from Earls in Silverwater, who are the official Earls in Australia, then laaaaaaaaaater on you went back to them and they said they were fake???

When did this happen and who did you talk to? Because in recent years it was bought out by one guy who now runs the whole show.

I don't know how you misinterpreted my writing to mean that, but what I said was that whilst I was in the process of buying $1000 of shit from the Earls shop, I talked to the guy about the Earls lines that cooked when my last engine blew.

When I was in the shop I was talking about a past event.

Like I said, I spoke to him at the beginning of the year, and it was the one guy that runs the whole show. I bought the lines that cooked ages ago, and not from the official Earls shop with their bullshit prices.

I've got earls lines. Don't care if they are fake or not - bought them quite a few years ago and never had any issues with them.

the Earls lines I have are fine, but the fittings supplied were rubbish.

Agree on the straight fittings being a pain to get everything to fit. my water line from the block comes straight out and loops around and under the turbo inlet then into the turbo. Dont even get me started how much of a fucking pain the other water line is on the back of the block.

Agree on the straight fittings being a pain to get everything to fit. my water line from the block comes straight out and loops around and under the turbo inlet then into the turbo. Dont even get me started how much of a fucking pain the other water line is on the back of the block.

You think someone would have done the homework on this and got it right from the start with the length, especially when we are paying top dollar for braided lines...

you need a bit of length to make the installation and removal not a total pain in the ass.

Yep. The lines HAVE to be longer, because they use straight fittings. Banjo bolts are 90 degrees and so can use the shortest distance between the two points.

People are scared of banjo bolts, and having red/blue alloy fittings gives you street cred.

You think someone would have done the homework on this and got it right from the start with the length, especially when we are paying top dollar for braided lines...

$200 isn't "top dollar" when it costs over $300 in good compoents, then add labour, then add profit. We've got it right but would you pay $450 for a set of top quality braided lines?

$200 isn't "top dollar" when it costs over $300 in good compoents, then add labour, then add profit. We've got it right but would you pay $450 for a set of top quality braided lines?

$200 is very cheap for braided lines, what i am saying is if im paying close to $300 bucks for Earl braided lines, i would like my fittings to last more than 12 months, as seems like people are having problems with Earls lines.....

In this day and age everyone is building these cars on a budget as people have families and other expenses, so all im saying is i would like to get what i pay for.....

I run China braided lines, car cops much track abuse and also some random trips to the shops.

no leaky

hahha what brand from China?

im tossing up between Mamba or auroflow lines????????? $100 bucks difference between the two