Sign in to follow this  
freestylerfalcon

S15 has not been drivin in 2 years.

Hi friends.

I've been away from home for 2 years and my s15 has pretty much been sitting in a garage for that time.

It was driven once briefly about 1 year ago.

There is very little fuel left in the tank, almost empty.

What should I do to get it road ready again?

Oil + filter change? Fuel filter? Spark plugs?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Put 20 litres of fresh fuel in it. Start it and take for 20 - 30 minute drive taking it easy and then change oil and filter. Spark plugs should be ok but you can do it while your there for piece of mind. You may also want to look at the brake fluid too, again for piece of mind more than anything. Also check tyre pressures and condition of tyres, should be ok as long as they haven't fully deflated. After all this enjoy ripping some skids.

Edited by adm15

When its been sitting for that long I'd be inclined to turn over the engine without starting it to get oil to the top of the engine before you start it.

There is a couple of ways you can do this.

Remove the fuse for the fuel pump under the dash drivers seat side.

Or remove the CAS plug in the engine bay.

Then crank over your engine for 10-20 seconds to get the oil around the engine. Then plug the CAS or fuse back in and then start it up.

Put 20 litres of fresh fuel in it. Start it and take for 20 - 30 minute drive taking it easy and then change oil and filter. Spark plugs should be ok but you can do it while your there for piece of mind. You may also want to look at the brake fluid too, again for piece of mind more than anything. Also check tyre pressures and condition of tyres, should be ok as long as they haven't fully deflated. After all this enjoy ripping some skids.

No way I'd drive it without changing oil first. That 2+ yr old oil has certainly degraded and won't lubricate optimally. I'd drop oil again after driving first time to flush the motor entirely. I'd also absolutely do spark plugs. Add to that fuel filter, coolant flush and brake/clutch fluid. I guess it depends on how particular you are with your car.