Sign in to follow this  
s15rocket

Big injectors and running low power (by comparrison). e85 and 98

I'm going to buy 1000cc JECS high flowed injectors for my s13 180sx. Mostly because they're half the price of of nismo 740cc and/or going top feed. I've seen enough decent reviews on them to give them a try.

I currently have all the supporting mods but I only have a small stock s15 t28bb turbo bolted on right now.

I am going to get a nistune with flex sensor for e85 and 98.

I'm hoping to get around 190rwkw on 98 and 220rwkw on e85.

But I'm worried that the 1000cc injectors tune on 98 will be too big for the relative power I want and the car will run like chit.

But I don't want to get 850cc or 740cc because I want headroom for later when I get a new and bigger turbo like a gtx2860 or gtx2867 and want to push my stock unopened engine to 270rwkw (and beyond) on e85.

Will the 1000cc JECS highflows be okay on 98 with around 190rwkw (or less) and 200rwkw plus on e85?

Edited by s15rocket

Highflowed redrilled injectors like those are rubbish. Do it once and do it properly. Top feed conversion with good quality 1000cc injectors would be the option id be looking at since you want head room. The nismo 740cc will do for 220 rwkw on e85 but they are exxy, old tech and wont leave much room for future upgrade.

I have 1150cc injectors (bosch top feeds) on 98 and it runs very well. Tuner (MRC) said it was tricky to get cold start tuned but it starts first time every time.

I would avoid high flowed injectors.

I have nismo 740's and am currently making 236rwkw on e85. Hoping to squeeze 250rwkw out of these injectors with the addition of a turbosmart fpr1200

Made 260rwkw on 740s and 255 fuel pump, stock fpr on e85

Made 280rwkw eflex e70 on 740cc injectors and nismo fuel reg

I have nismo 740's and am currently making 236rwkw on e85. Hoping to squeeze 250rwkw out of these injectors with the addition of a turbosmart fpr1200

Made 260rwkw on 740s and 255 fuel pump, stock fpr on e85

Made 280rwkw eflex e70 on 740cc injectors and nismo fuel reg

Read and heard so many conflicting things about Nismo 740cc on e85. Some people seem to max out at 220rwkw and others seem to get as much 280rwkw with them with the help of a FPR.

I think I'm going to go the Nismos 740cc and squeeze whatever I can out of them and just be happy with that. Its a pity some big company doesn't make a good factory side feed injector for SR20DET above the nismo 740cc beacuse there is definitely a market for it. My last s15 street car had a very responsive 242rwkw and its power around the street was pretty insane. So I'd definitely be happy with that kind of power on my 180sx.

But for now Nismo 740cc with be more than enough to handle my little stock s15 t28bb on e85.

The cheapest I found was from RHD Japan. Anyone else got a spare set who will sell them cheaper?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-high-flow-volume-injectors-set-side-feed-740cc-4-cylinders.html

AU$564.68 + $15 potage.

That's a pretty good price. I paid around that 3 years ago. You could try emailing Jesse Streeter and see what he can do them for.

If your going e85 on nismo 740cc inj

Make sure your fuel pump is up to the task as there is going to be a big demand for fuel pressure and flow once you add a reg and up the boost

Remember sr20 fuel pressure regs are rising rate so if you have 40psi base fuel pressure and run 20psi boost

Under boost you will need 60psi fuel pressure

The more base and boost pressure you run adds to it

if your fuel pump cant deliver it that amount of pressure or flow it will start to lean out making you have to falsely max out inj duty

Make sure to run a walbro 460lph rewired atleast and your filters clean and replaced more often on e85

I was running eflex so may have alil less headroom on united e85 260-270kw before maxing and added a extra bar fuel pressure

If your going e85 on nismo 740cc inj

Make sure your fuel pump is up to the task as there is going to be a big demand for fuel pressure and flow once you add a reg and up the boost

Remember sr20 fuel pressure regs are rising rate so if you have 40psi base fuel pressure and run 20psi boost

Under boost you will need 60psi fuel pressure

The more base and boost pressure you run adds to it

if your fuel pump cant deliver it that amount of pressure or flow it will start to lean out making you have to falsely max out inj duty

Make sure to run a walbro 460lph rewired atleast and your filters clean and replaced more often on e85

I was running eflex so may have alil less headroom on united e85 260-270kw before maxing and added a extra bar fuel pressure

Right now I just have a single walbro 255. No FPR.

They aren't officially e85 compatible but from just looking around at other forums lots of evo drivers are using the walbro 255 for 3-4 years on e85 with no issues. I also have new wiring for the pump (apparently thats what the e85 effects, the stock electrical wiring).

Also I only have a stock s15 t28bb bolted on. So I cant imagine maxing out my walbro 255 on that. I'd be lucky to get 200rwkw even on e85. Apparently the walbro 255 supports 500 whp.

Edited by s15rocket

Get the 740cc and run them at 3.5bar base pressure.

Those JECS redrills don't atomise properly and also tend to seize up. I've had 2x fail on me and nearly take a motor out.

At the end of the day, top feeds will be more superior. Even on Phil's S15 I've convinced him to convert and now even on a 2 degree morning at Wakefield on E85 the car starts 2nd go.