Sign in to follow this  
Trinh

SR20det Aircon hardlines mismatch

Hi,

I had bought a used aircon condensor and hardlines off someone and had been trying to put them in today but It seems impossible to get the end that connects to the actual aircon unit lined up at all.

If you have a look at the pictures, particularly 1-1.jpg & 2.jpg you can see the connector (not sure what to call it) is pretty much 90 degrees in the wrong direction, if i try and turn the connector 90 degrees to fit into the aircon unit the piping before it is just fouling against the block. I've tried various different ways but it doesn't seem to fit.

Have I got a hardline for maybe an s14 or an s15? I hadn't confirmed the model of car

I've got a 180sx. All the other lines, condensor all line up perfectly, just not this one connector into the aircon unit.

Cheers

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Just take it to someone that can hook it up, pay to get it done , leak tested and gassed. You tried to cheap out on it and it didn't work.

Edited by S15 sxytime

haha, i've just got the wrong hardline and asked a question

what's so wrong with giving it a go myself?

I looked it up myself, looks like i've got the hardlines from an s14, just in case others are looking.

cheers for the advice :)

Its worth mentioning that not all 180s are made equal.

in my experience, 89-94 and 94-98s have slightly different wiring looms (the climate control units have different key ways on the harness) and other bits and pieces.

a non vct blacktop shares A LOT of things with the red tops, but there is also stuff they dont.

its always a good idea to buy something from the year model you own, just to be safe.