Sign in to follow this  
Brado_s13

Cams, vct, lag

Ive been reading all the forums and shit to workout what cams to go for with the gtx2871 i know people will go this shit is has already been covered, but i cant find a legit answer

I want the 250kw+ mark

Gtx2871r

740cc injectors

z33 maf

O44 pump

i dont have vct so will i be better off get stage 2s or poncams will be fine? i want response aswell as the 250kw mark what setups do people run?

I have t28 atm and hitting 207kw

Any step one / drop in cams will hit the mark, it just depends on how much low and midrange you want. I like un1cams.

Any step one / drop in cams will hit the mark, it just depends on how much low and midrange you want. I like un1cams.

Aren't they like $850 a pair?

I think they perform well but you can get poncams for like $450 from rhdjapan.

I think poncams are tried and tested. THere is actually a rare pare of greddy easy cams for s13 on gumtree right now if you want those OP. They are drop ins and you dont need to upgrade springs.

Can you please stop blatantly peddling your unigroup parts all the time.

Yes I'm sure they work, but of course you like them, you've got obviously a lot of money tied up in them. For 99% of people modifying street s chassis', a drop in set will be fine. And 900+ for a set of cans which are probably just based off an existing cam is a bit far fetched.

OP, a set of those poncams will be fine for what you are after.

Edited by alex90
  • Upvote 1

That's a very shameless plug for ones own product.

As said above - I've been running poncams for years with a GT series version of your turbo with no dramas.

You won't be getting much in terms of response without VCT with any non stock cam and bigger turbo.

Poncams would be the one to go for though.

GTX2871 is a very poorly matched turbo, if you want a 71mm compressor get it with a GT30 turbine.

Rather GTX2867

drop in cams if your on a budget, poncam certainly the budget option.

anything more and you will need spring and headword.

Mate with a s14 has 262 or 264 cams, retaining VCT, cant remember the brand, but know its still VCT.

lots of custom gear, but has the GTX2867 with .86 rear.

Dyno.

16996204_10156781134206515_8315608985511714976_n.jpg?oh=51607750bec7b891f79999191f98bb67&oe=594EAD91