Sign in to follow this  
frenchy

R200 diff identification

Hey guys,

Anyone ID these diffs for me?? Have searched but can't find. One is stamped UN and the other A5.

UN one has chunky cooling fins on the rear and viscous lsd sticker. Also slightly different mounts than the A5.

Thanks

Can't upload photos from my phone..

Edited by frenchy

r200 = 200mm accross, 180 = 180. S13 reear aluminium hats have the fins, seen on r180s might exist for r200 too though

Thanks.

They're r200's but from what cars is what I'm interested in. New to nissans and just trying to piece things all together for interchangeability. Surprised I havnt been able to find much info on the stamps..

This forum doesn't get the same sort of traffic it used to when I was active many years ago. is there a Facebook page or something?

You'll do much better with a picture than stamps

s14/15/r33 bushed front mounts, 2 stud rear hat

s13 solid front mount, 4 stud rear cover

covers can be swapped over, just have to use the corresponding bolts for what front mount the diff has

s13 came both 5 and 6 bolt half shafts, I think s14/15 were all 6 bolt, R33 5 bolt

front is probably r33 with a s13 rear cover finding out ratio will give more info

the back one is s13, 4.08 is also stock s13 ratio,

Oh and 4 bolt rear covers that drop down more and look like have larger cooling fins are to give clearance for Hicas ( or lock bar) so if have a hicas rear need that cover