Sign in to follow this  
greeko552

Pre purchase vehicle inspection South East Qld

Hi team

I always have cars inspected by a trusted mechanic before I buy them. This has saved me from buying cars which have Had structural damage on probably 3-4 occasions.

Long story short, I have located a car interstate and was thinking about using one of the mobile pre-purchase inspection services to save me having to fly up to Brisbane. Before I know the car is in reasonable shape.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these services? Do they give the vehicle a thorough inspection for structural damage? You kind of need to assume every s chassis is bent until proven otherwise these days.

Cheers

Before buying my car in Brisbane, I had the owner take it to Mercury Motorsport.

They are a reputable workshop with plenty of s-chassis experience.

I had my vehicle fully inspected & the engine compression tested there.

If the owner is reluctant to take it somewhere for you, that might be your first clue as to it's condition...

Edited by 200VIA

Mercury motorsport is expensive imo. Also I had a bad experience with them a few years back which I wont talk about here.

I have had much better dealings with East Coast Customs and Tuned Performance. Both in Brisbane and generally much cheaper. I had some outrageous quotes from Mercury Motorsport btw. I would never use them again unless I was desperate. Anyway each to their own.

Mercury shut the doors a week or so ago.

I have used East Coast customs for other mechanical work and can recommend them for pre purchase inspections.

Mercury shut the doors a week or so ago.

I have used East Coast customs for other mechanical work and can recommend them for pre purchase inspections.

Wow, any idea why?

I mean I can't say I'm surprised just based on my experience with them. However having said that I'm sure there has been many happy customers as well.