Sign in to follow this  
Billythekid027

R33 GTST Caliper Upgrade /s13: wheel offset

Hey all,

Ive just rebuilt my r33 gtst calipers and am planning to put them on in the up coming month or two but i have a slight dilemma in terms of wheel ftitment.

In all the threads, spec sheets and blogs i have not found a clear answer as to what minimal wheel specs ( inspecific offset ) are required to clear the r33 gtst caliper and rotor configuration.

Atm i have stock s15 rims on the s13. Not sure of size, probs 17 but later on i hope to either go 18 or remain 17. Still deciding.

If someone could explain the minimal requirements for the r33 caliper setup as well as if the spoke design affects the clearance that would be ace!

Cheers!

It is all to do with spoke design. easier to say what wheels you intend to run, then we can give you an idea of weather they will fit. IIRC those 4 pot calipers stick out 34mm from the hub mounting face

Ahh thank you so much! Yeah been struggling to find a definate answer for the caliper size as im kinda new to all this. I was hoping to run 18" work vskf up front if i can find a set. And the rears would be something else, as the clearance isnt that much of an issue

S15 wheels should clear the front. I know 100% they do the rear.

But as Blingy said. If the design of the wheel is flat or concave will make a big difference.

S15, S14, Stagea RS4 and 300zx sock rims will all clear the rear caliper.

I had the same setup on my old 180sx and all of those rims cleared.