Sign in to follow this  
SIR ASHMAN

Oil Pressure Gauge Install ***Broken Images***

Very nice read up!

Installed my gauges through Ash's ways! Worked out good!

nice writeup, 1 question, the oil pressure sender I have has 2 wire terminals on it instead of one and my gauge only has 3 wires coming out of it

Gauge:

RED = +12

Black = GRD

Green = Pressure Sensor

If there is only one signal wire from the sensor to the gauge, whats the other terminal on the sender for?

NOTE: gauges came with no explanation of the terminals on the sender unit.

has anyone come across this setup before?

I'd guess its a ground, for situations where earthing via the body isnt desireable? Not sure. could be a different output (resistance). Got a model number, s/no, photo etc?

haven't got the sensor on hand as i'm at work now.

It came with the ISC gauges they have listed for sale, brand is Henna as far as i can tell. I've never heard of it either.

EDIT: thanks will check with the multimeter tonight.

Cant a t peice be used in the factory oil pressure light location?....im gunna go have a look

hmmm, it could be, but i can only just get my hand in there...i think sambo plate is the way to go.

Can the plate be used for oil press and temp at the same time?

The attached images don't work anymore...can you please rehost/relink?

I've brought it to the site admins attention. I don't have the images anymore, so I can not re-upload them. But the exa link above is an exact copy/paste theft of my article with all the pictures there, you can use that until we get the images sorted out here.

I've brought it to the site admins attention. I don't have the images anymore, so I can not re-upload them. But the exa link above is an exact copy/paste theft of my article with all the pictures there, you can use that until we get the images sorted out here.

Thought it might have been you just under a different name, but yeah he should given you some credit at least man.

Thought it might have been you just under a different name, but yeah he should given you some credit at least man.

Will do, thanks, good work btw.

Sign in to follow this