Sign in to follow this  
mreges

who here listen's to real metal

^^

have you got Trivium's album Ascendancy? pretty certain you'd like it, best Metallica copy i've heard. and for what it's worth, i called Metallica fans bogans.

Im sorry but no :lol:

look up a band called " Am I Blood" .... basically theyre metallica if they never made any shit albums...

I know i hate so much in each of these threads but for gods sake... In Flames ARE NOT BLACK METAL.... their first few albums were passable metal but by no means black, i always hate on people who have to classify every little genre of music but f**k.... calling inflames black metal is like calling the spice girls blues artists.

Im sorry but no :lol:

look up a band called " Am I Blood" .... basically theyre metallica if they never made any shit albums...

I know i hate so much in each of these threads but for gods sake... In Flames ARE NOT BLACK METAL.... their first few albums were passable metal but by no means black, i always hate on people who have to classify every little genre of music but f**k.... calling inflames black metal is like calling the spice girls blues artists.

it was more a shot at Trendium, and the fact that they established a name for themselves, then released what could pass as a metallica tribute album.

was bored at work and did a wiki search for genres of metal. talk about over classification.......

trivium are ok, not good not bad. better than most stuff coming out these days

dave mustaine got kicked out of metallica and as much as he want's he and megadeth will never become as good as metallica are.

this debate has gone on forever on every forum, so let me set it straight for you.

thats one of the stupidest post i've ever read. get your head out of lars' arse.

metallica's best album (ride the lightning) was mostly written by dave mustaine. peace sells, rust in peace etc are classics (as good as the metallica albums coming out at the same time). and although megadeth changed during the 90s they didnt sell out anywhere near as bad as metallica. also the last 2 megadeth albums are better than anything metallica have put out in the last 17 years.

flame away. crap on about how good load, reload and st anger are :lol:

classifying stuff helps heaps when people know what they're talking about. idiots classifying stuff is where it all goes wrong. in flames black metal :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh and the reason why i came into this thread,

IRON MAIDEN TOUR NEXT YEAR W0000000T!!!!!

oh and the reason why i came into this thread,

IRON MAIDEN TOUR NEXT YEAR W0000000T!!!!!

f**king f**k yeah!!!! finally included in a tour and what looks to be an awesome one at that 757.jpg

No life til leather is still the best of all with the likes of Phantom Lord, Hit the lights, Metal militia.

And how could you go past Last rites/loved to deth? Skull beneath the skin? Rattlehead? Gar Samuelson?

dave mustaine got kicked out of metallica and as much as he want's he and megadeth will never become as good as metallica are.

this debate has gone on forever on every forum, so let me set it straight for you.

thats one of the stupidest post i've ever read. get your head out of lars' arse.

flame away. crap on about how good load, reload and st anger are :lol:

Hehe!

SpecS15 Thankyou heaps some of those bands are awesome! I always have a spot in my heart for great solo projects like troll

this week i've had a bit of a thrash week.

been listening to megadeth, testament, anthrax, coroner and sodom. :)

:lol: Coroner!! I havn't heard them for years, can't believe I havn't got them in my collection :o ..now fixed

Die by my hand etc. - good shite

RIP and Punishment for Decadence are essential!

an under-rated album by coroner is 'grin' i love it.

been cranking this album on loop heaps lately:

carcass - heartwork

classic!!!

dimmu borgir

opeth

cradle of filth

children of bodom

hypocrisy

brujeria

alogoch

swallow the sun

carcass - heartwork is pretty good heard it a while ago.

I'd love if people could list some more black metal bands. I haven't really go into this sub genre but i've heard a few eerily cool songs. Carpathian Forest - A Forest

and this is purely just my opinion, but the track 'Something Diabolical' by Bloodhound Gang really carries that black metal vibe. Maybe it's because they colaborated and recorded with the lead vocalist from HIM.. but i really love it :)

I thought someone in here mentioned Ensiferum but now I can't see the post, anyway Ensiferum is some awesome shit (Viking style metal I guess? I don't like to get anal about genre's) All the clips on Youtube are those home remixes that weirdo's do, so here's a live one.

Children of Bodom are Amazing...! - saw them at the Gaelic couple years ago.

Opeth are ... i cant think of the right word to describe opeth, i dont think its possible.

...Anyone going to Soundwave?

haha, Ensiferum... pretty crazy. heres some more "viking metal" i guess you call it..

Gwar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXOpQxL5f0

And hers a few other random bands to check out... enjoy

Unearth - Zombie Autopilot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnz0U2RCDs

Gojira - To Sirus (remind me a little of meshuggah)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNijzbQoic

Norther - Death Unlimited (remind me of Bodom)

My input you cant beat old school thrash / death metal.

Death

Morbid Angel

Suffocation

Annihilator

Slayer

Deicide

Obituary

Kreator

sadus

Cannibal corpse

Exodus

Fear Factory

Sepultura

Disincarnate

Pestilence

Asphyx

f**k there are so many.heaps of the old boys aswell as the thrashers are making a comeback which is awesome.

they dont make it like they used to. But i played and grew up on this stuff.

I thought someone in here mentioned Ensiferum but now I can't see the post, anyway Ensiferum is some awesome shit (Viking style metal I guess? I don't like to get anal about genre's) All the clips on Youtube are those home remixes that weirdo's do, so here's a live one.

Wow, I didn't know Petri Lindroos (Norther guitarist/vocalist) played guitar and vocals in Ensiferum! I thought Ensiferum broke up after the GREAT Jari Mäenpää left to concentrate on Wintersun.

Also check out Necrophagist, a BRUTAL technical death metal band from Germany. Guitarist vocalist Muhammed Suicmez is absolutely AMAZING. Check out one of his solo's here-

^ wow... that was insane! wasn't expecting something so .. almost 'beautiful' in the middle of what sounds like a fairly heavy death metal song. Fantastic skills, I'll try and get my hands on some of their work.

Apparently Petri has only been with Ensiferum since sometime last year, not sure if he's permanent or not, but check out 'Victory Song's' if you haven't already got it, I've had it on repeat in the car for a few weeks now :lol:

I thought I read somewhere there's a new Wintersun album due out some time next year, that should be good

i love my metal, but cannot for the life of me get into black metal. musically it's f**ken awesome, but the lyrical style just shits me no end. it probable prevents me listening to a lot of quality music

Devin townsend "presents ziltoid the omnisceint"

impellitteri

Racer x

Dragonforce

Probly not black metal bout i'm loving these bands at the moment

More music to rattle your head to:

Finntroll (think it might have been mentioned already)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpDo0BdC2SU)

Turisas

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y150Lm4kZ_M cover of Boney M's Rasputin :lol:)

Trollfest

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFO6QSm6m7g)

Psykore mentioned Norther's 'Death Unlimited', which I've only just listened to recently, it's got a few alright songs on it. Mainly the title track, I'm still going to have to pick 'Dreams of endless war' as my fav. Norther album.

(

) Norther - Nothing Left, brilliant.

And for some old school flavor, Metal Church

(self titled live recording, no actual video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YuStqEZ1fQ)

Metal bands do the best covers of songs, Norther, CoB etc. all have the most awesome cover songs.

\m/

this should definately be sticky'ed.

ive only just scrolled thru, but i havent seen any Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, Inside Process, Caliban, Heaven Shall Burn etc.

thought i would have seen more of them but owell .

its good to see so many people into metal .. not many people appreciate the work that goes into it

when u think about it, most of the music types today that are to do with 'rock' are starting to turn more hardcore etc .. i think that eventually the whole 'rock' theme will turn into hardcore/metal. most of the kids of today are infactuated with the gay bands like my chemical romance, fall out boy and such, therefore bringing the genre closer to being the mainstream form.

More music to rattle your head to:

Finntroll (think it might have been mentioned already)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpDo0BdC2SU)

Turisas

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y150Lm4kZ_M cover of Boney M's Rasputin :lol:)

Trollfest

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFO6QSm6m7g)

Psykore mentioned Norther's 'Death Unlimited', which I've only just listened to recently, it's got a few alright songs on it. Mainly the title track, I'm still going to have to pick 'Dreams of endless war' as my fav. Norther album.

(

) Norther - Nothing Left, brilliant.

And for some old school flavor, Metal Church

(self titled live recording, no actual video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YuStqEZ1fQ)

Metal bands do the best covers of songs, Norther, CoB etc. all have the most awesome cover songs.

\m/

children of bodom - oops i did it again :lol: funniest cover.

children of bodom - oops i did it again :lol: funniest cover.

have you heard Graveworm's cover of Losing My Religion? so bad that it's highly amusing