Sign in to follow this  
Fish

Daft Punk

oooohh boy!!! this time 2moro i will be there..

OH MY GOD! f**k f**king wooooo. I feel like Daft Punk just fvcked my brains out.

GAHHHHHHHHHHH YMUYYUMYUMYUYMUMU

Just got home, was fuklign amazing! To my suprise, it actually varied a little from all the other sets i had memorized. Was it just me, or were there no graphics/lights on the actual tower itself until lilke 30mins into the performance?

Either way, was awesome. I was about 6 rows or so from the front of GA, everyone was getting loose, everyone was friendly, daft f**king pujnk were smashing it = win win. Face to face (harder better faster stronger remix) I CREAMED MYSELF. Been waiting for that one for a long time,

Now, i need 4 x GA (or stalls) tickets for fridays show please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me with what you got.

GAHHHHHHHHHHH YMUYYUMYUMYUYMUMU

Just got home, was fuklign amazing! To my suprise, it actually varied a little from all the other sets i had memorized. Was it just me, or were there no graphics/lights on the actual tower itself until lilke 30mins into the performance?

Either way, was awesome. I was about 6 rows or so from the front of GA, everyone was getting loose, everyone was friendly, daft f**king pujnk were smashing it = win win. Face to face (harder better faster stronger remix) I CREAMED MYSELF. Been waiting for that one for a long time,

Now, i need 4 x GA (or stalls) tickets for fridays show please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me with what you got.

Yeah I didn't listen/watch any of their live stuff before the show in case it was exactly the same which would disappoint me a little bit, but I'm just listening to the Alive 2007 album now and it's just little bits that differ such as the backing music and stuff.

DAFT MOTHERFVCKING PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didnt get home until 2 in the mornin then woke up for work at 6 45..

Definatly well worth it best event EVER!!!!!!!!!!

the visual display on the pyramid was INSANE..

Just got home, yet again. Couldnt help myself, went to tonights show as well. Was really good to have two perspectives on the show (ie- one when i was dead sober and the other when i wasnt). Superheroes and human after all is a f**king great way to end the show. The encore was fairly solid too, but i knew what it would be because they played the same one at their show in mexico.

Im so happy right now.

was there any difference wen you werent sober, did it make the night more enjoyable??

i went dead sober just so i knew i would remember the whole show and im happy i did..

but on the other hand im soo keen to grab some tickets and an airfare to another state and go up and get wasted and make a weekend of it..

was there any difference wen you werent sober, did it make the night more enjoyable??

lol swilly would know

brilliant show, love the last part where they remix one more time.. very good visual set up

dead sober for me too , screw Ecstasy..

lol swilly would know

lol whats that supposed to mean?

I wasnt sober on the thursday night, but i had much more fun that night. It wasnt completely due to the fact i wasnt sober, rather on the thursday night i was with all my friends was feeling f**king pumped up, and was much more excited as i was seeing them live for the first time.

Last night a few mates and i decided to just go down there and maybe sit outside and listen. But we couldnt take it, so we tried to jump the fence lol. That was an experience in itself. My mate and i got over when like 30 people started shaking the fence. Then, they all pushed the first fence over so it was leaning on the second fence, creating a perfect ramp to climb on while the security guards were literally trapped underneath between the two fences. Out of the 30 people who started climbing, my mate and i were the only ones who went over. Got in like 20mins into dafts set then couldnt find the rest of the people we knew were there.

so in that regard, thursday for me was better!

Anyone got any pics//vids? I have some dodgey phone ones, tried to record the whole encore and got most of it.

Did no one else on here in melb go to DP? Merlz? EVL-200? What are your thoughts?

OMG i can't wait! 20th here we come!

Sure, ignore my posts Swilly :o

lol sorry wasnt ignoring them! Anyway, i do agree with you about the set being similar to the cd, but as EVL-200 mentioned theyr all the same, just a few different loops/effects etc added in as a spur of the moment kind of thing. They all follow the same format.

I just found out that this girl i know went to the prince afterparty on the thursday, and ended up kissing kavinsky! Then, her and her friend went to the hotel room with sebastian, kavinsky, busy p, and daft punk and were eating pizza and drinking moet with them. Then they gave the girls two backstage passes for friday nights show. The funniest part about it is that the girl i know who kissed kavinsky was 17! Plus shes a slut and i reckon she would have taken it from them all :lol:

WOW! was a loose and long weekend. music overload.

daft were amazing on thursday. could not say a bad thing at all. sound and lights and the show were top notch. i had chosen not to look at any vids except for those my mate took at the amsterdam show he went to and i am glad i did.

together/one more time/music sounds better than you encore was incredible.

very glad i went to the thursday show also because i heard stalls on friday were jam packed after everyone figured out the trick to getting people in. crowd on thursday was A1 everyone was just having a good time.

the questions left unanswered is WILL ANYTHING ELSE COME CLOSE TO THIS SHOW?

I highly doubt it. The show was hyped up for months, and they managed to go above and well beyond that hype!

If you liked the encore and want a copy of it, they play the same one in their mexico set. So search for daft punk live in mexico on torrents and at the end they play the encore.

Busy has said that this is the end of the pyramid tour correct? Does that leave the possibility of another daft tour open, or is it their last forever? Iv also listened to interviews where they have hinted to them working on new material too?

If any of my mates will come, im going to sydney next saturday. Dont care about the money, would be well worth the $500 or so.

Also, here are some f**king great pics on ITM from the show (not sure which day)

http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos19/071213-daftpunk?page=1

I highly doubt it. The show was hyped up for months, and they managed to go above and well beyond that hype!

If you liked the encore and want a copy of it, they play the same one in their mexico set. So search for daft punk live in mexico on torrents and at the end they play the encore.

Busy has said that this is the end of the pyramid tour correct? Does that leave the possibility of another daft tour open, or is it their last forever? Iv also listened to interviews where they have hinted to them working on new material too?

If any of my mates will come, im going to sydney next saturday. Dont care about the money, would be well worth the $500 or so.

Also, here are some f**king great pics on ITM from the show (not sure which day)

http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos19/071213-daftpunk?page=1

memories are quite strong still wont need to relive it any time soon. the alive tour is done and dusted after sydney. i heard the interview about new material so they may tour again but i dont think it will be for a while but they may not come to australia.

to be honest though i dont know if i would go again it would have to be a better show than alive.

Yep, t-shirts is all i could see though? Were about $50-$60 or something if i heard right?

alive and nevereveland tshirts $40

sebastian and kavinsky tshirts

posters, key rings and stickers

and some modular tshirts

i bought an alive tshirt. awesome quality american apparel tshirts has all the australian dates on it awesome memento

I regretted not buying one after leaving. And man, I wish I was that chick. Don't care about Kavinsky and Sebastien, just to be in the same room as Bangalter and Guy-Manuel!

you wish you got ploughed by all of them?? hahaha

Backstage passes man, backstage passes!

:lol: Shes the type of girl who would get ploughed by all of them.

Wish i had of befriended them and got to hang out with them, although certainly not to the extent she did haha.

Whenever i listen to or think of daft i now get sad because i know i probably wont experience another musical gig like that :(

EDIT - f**king lol! Look what i just found on the onelove forums...

http://onelove.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php...=a&start=40

Read that page, they talk about the chick i know who went back to their hotel room AHAHHA.

well i just got back into canberra after last nights gig, and it was wihout a doubt the best thing i have ever been to.

and as a drinker, not a drug taker, it was good to see some pingers getting f**ked by the cops. sucked in dickheads.

best night of my life. done deal.

best night of my life. done deal.

Yeah i highly doubt any music act will come close to that for me. I watched some vids of the perth show and it looked pretty lame compared to melb, ie- crowd reactions etc.

Anyway, just picked up from JB hifi human after all, homework and discovery all for $9.99 each! Also picked up "discovered" which is the CD of the original songs (12 of them) which daft punk have sampled from which is interesting to listen to. Couldnt find the alive 1997 cd though looks like ill have to get that online, and still looking for daft club. I have all these downloaded, but i want them in original cd format too!

starting a collection hey?! i gotta chase up all the singles, i've got all the albums and 'album length' releases. i bought that discovered cd too, very hard to pick the sample from some of them.

^^Some of the samples are really hard to pick up, yet some of them are so ridiculoudly ripped off ie- robot rock and crecendolls.