Sign in to follow this  
XXXIII TAXI

Musicians on NS {fast becoming the Muso VS Dj's thread}

As per topic description, Lets see which members here on nissansilvia.com are musicians...

No, singing in the shower dosent count :lol:

Christian

Edited by XXXII TAXI

No, singing in the shower dosent count :lol:

Christian

DAMMIT I THOUGHT I WAS IN <_>

haha,

@ Age of 14 started in a band called Skope.

Played in it till 17, In that time.

won about 15 Battle of the Bands. Inc Melbourne best "stage act"

Played alongside

Antiskeptic

Dylan Lewis

Bug Dust

androids

MandyKane

Brown Hornet

+ few more.

Play Guitar, got a 86 re-issue Strat. She's mah baybe.

Meh, good ol days.

i dont know if i would call myself a musician, but I've been rapping for 14 years or so, but only been performing for the last 8. Also have been hosting a local hip hop radio show for about 6-7 years now.

In a group called "After Hours". Also a member of a larger group called "Certified Wise", which is best known for including the hilltop hoods and funkoars. Have released 2 albums, third almost done. Appeared on a few compilations and guest spots on other artists releases:

Albums:

Different Rules Apply (2001)

A Heros Turf (umm... 2005?)

Compilations:

Culture of Kings (2000)

Culture of Kings 2 (2002)

Obese City (2003)

Suffering City (2002)

15 Oz Vinyl (2004)

Certified Dope (2006.. or might've been 2007)

Guest Spots:

Reason - Got lots to give (Reography 2002)

Funkoars - Bad Habbits (Who's ya step daddy 2003)

Train of Thought - Swinging from the south (Moving heads 2004)

Hilltop Hoods - The Certificate (The Calling 2003)

Hospice - The Caution (Visiting Hours 2006)

Dont perform much these days, in fact i dont really mess with music much at all. CBF, just getting old i guess.

some more info:

http://www.myspace.com/ahcw

Played violin for 7 years

Was given a pianno by a close family friend, so i taught myself how to play. To this day i still cant read or write music. I have my own sorta way of writing it all down when i write something. It works for me, thats all that matters.

Started singing when i was in year 5

Joined the school band and did several solos at festival theatre

Was part of music class at blackwood high every year i was there.

Started writing when i hit year 8

Performed at the Gov many times

Performed for the govener of australia

Started taking professional lessons

At 16 i started recording with a few aussie hip hop guys - no1 very known

Made my first demo

Made and recorded a few more tracks with the guys

Spent 99.99% of my time with all the blackwood bogans just singing and rhyming.

Never really evolved to anything. However i think if we got off our asses and picked our shit up, could have turned out really well.

Kept recording, singing etc untill last year when my life was turned upside down. Now im looking into getting back into it. I miss it so much.

define musician :P have owned a bass/bass's for around 10 years, have hardly picked it up for the last 2, loved it when i was into it though.

so dunno if i'd still my call myself a muso.

ill get around to it again one day haha

Been playing guitar for a few years... :| am i a musician? :P

Guitarist since about 8 years old. Played in plenty of cover bands etc pubbing it around Adelaide, never actually started my own band, just filled in for others.

Currently looking at forming a rock band with a few mates, waiting to see if it gets off the ground.... Things are so much harder to organize when you all have your respective careers :(

Until recently, I played synth for Geelong/Melbourne band Veil of Anguish for seven years. Played loads of gigs mainly in Geelong/Melbourne and supported some well known bands such as Pungent Stench, Destroyer 666, Blood Duster, Astriaal, Embodied, Alarum, Encabulos, Abrasion, Excarnated, Earth, Sakkuth, Steel Affliction, Befallen + others.

I'd call our style "Blackened Atmospheric Extreme Metal". I had to leave the band due to circumstances that couldn't be avoided where I had to move away for 6 or so months, but they still haven't found a replacement so I've been offered my position back if I want it when I move back to Geelong.

Not sure if i'll take it back at the moment, I want to start playing guitar in a band again, I've been playing guitar for about 13 years and synth for about 8 years.

Veil has played tons of venues around Melbourne/Geelong such as The Tote, The Espy, The Greenroom, Dream, The Greyhound, The Barwon Club + tons of others I can't remember right now.

In my opinion, playing live in front of people is some of the best fun you can have without having sex or drinking/consuming substances!! You just can't imagine the adrenaline rush until you've done it yourself! Simply awesome!!

Been playing bass for 7years, dont count myself as a musician coz i dont write music or record, used to be in a band, own a ibanez k5 bass.

Been playing bass for 7years, dont count myself as a musician coz i dont write music or record, used to be in a band, own a ibanez k5 bass.

K5

Ibanez FTW

Drummer for around 8 years now, love it ' play as much as i can. Have been in few bands, main one we had a ep but fell through <_ mainly played pubs and few partys. only ever entered competetion came out with the trophy src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)">

Also play guitar, Only around 1 year now.

Does DJ count ?..

think so?

Nope, DJ doesn't count!!!

Drummer for about 3 years. Play in a band, recording ep as we speak. Our live stuff is much better than our recordings I think. http://www.myspace.com/theelvischristband

ur band sounds really dirty britain in orientation, almost late 70's.. kewl as..

who is producing your e/p??

christian

i play piano since age 4 and got really good at some point in my early teens but i dont really consider myself a pianist since i dont really practice that much... i do produce songs and backings tho with midi keyboards and some outboard/software gear.

good times.

www.myspace.com/rsherfan

well I dont know how relevent this is for most of you cause im in japan, but I play bass and have just started up a cover band. Well, when i say "play" i dont mean im a musicion (i never studied),and, like, if you ask me where a G is il start rumaging around my GFs panty drawer, but i play a prelly mean (er.. poor) TAB.

Were doing classic rock stuff, and starting off with a few Japanese rock bands, Glay and Boowy for anyone in the know.

Its promising and yeah, looking forward to some stage time in the future.

Started with music when I was 5- I learnt to play the Clarinet, Piano and the Flute (taught myself the Flute) and then taught myself the guitar when I was in year 8.

Never really had the inclination to be in a band or anything, but I write all my own stuff, usually put to music with the piano :) Its more like personal for me- a sense of accomplishment that I've written something and put to music... I get embarassed when people watch/listen to me play!

This Music section is awesome XXXII TAXI! Combining my first love of Music with my very close second love of cars and drifting = winnar :)

I've been singing since the age of 5, and have been playing the Saxophone since the age of 9 (almost 12 years now). Playing the Sax was a dream come true for me, I love it!

I've also been writing lyrics for a while now. I entered an International songwriting competition called 'Song of the Year', which is supported by VH-1's 'Save the Music Campaign', and took out first place for June 2007, therefore putting me in the running for the 'Song of the Year' title.

My cousin plays lead guitar for a Brissy rock band up here called Johnny-Kick - check them out at http://www.myspace.com/johnnykickmusic - and has been helping me out with music, but I see myself as more of a lyricist.

My motto - "Music is the language of the soul"

This Music section is awesome XXXII TAXI! Combining my first love of Music with my very close second love of cars and drifting = winnar :)

I've been singing since the age of 5, and have been playing the Saxophone since the age of 9 (almost 12 years now). Playing the Sax was a dream come true for me, I love it!

I've also been writing lyrics for a while now. I entered an International songwriting competition called 'Song of the Year', which is supported by VH-1's 'Save the Music Campaign', and took out first place for June 2007, therefore putting me in the running for the 'Song of the Year' title.

My cousin plays lead guitar for a Brissy rock band up here called Johnny-Kick - check them out at http://www.myspace.com/johnnykickmusic - and has been helping me out with music, but I see myself as more of a lyricist.

My motto - "Music is the language of the soul"

Ehhhh dont mention it..

Nice to see my initiative appreciated.. and also nice to see girl muso's.. something hot about a girl playing the saxophone, i just cant figure out exactly what it is ;)

:whistle:

I'm more of a music lover. I can listen to something completely retarded and find it unbelievable. There are some genre's I won't touch but I'm always open to new things...buttsecks is not one of them.

Been playing bass for about 6 years now, started playing cuz we had a bass laying around and the school needed someone to play in the concert band... yeah, the concert band... but it seemed to work alright. and yes I went on "band camp"... but anyway I come from a pretty musical family anyway. My dad's a sound man, my mum plays piano, sister sings, brother plays drums, so I picked up the bass easy. I've mainly just been playing in the church youth band and mucking around with mates. Tried writing some stuff a while back and the music turned out great... really need someone else to write the lyrics though.

btw, I'm finally getting a 180sx this weekend!!! :woot: Can't wait!

Been playing bass for about 6 years now, started playing cuz we had a bass laying around and the school needed someone to play in the concert band... yeah, the concert band... but it seemed to work alright. and yes I went on "band camp"... but anyway I come from a pretty musical family anyway. My dad's a sound man, my mum plays piano, sister sings, brother plays drums, so I picked up the bass easy. I've mainly just been playing in the church youth band and mucking around with mates. Tried writing some stuff a while back and the music turned out great... really need someone else to write the lyrics though.btw, I'm finally getting a 180sx this weekend!!! :woot: Can't wait!

Hmm... coincidence? You should send me some of your music. Could be a bit of fun... Hit me up if you're interested.

Congrats on the 180 :)

Oh and band camp rocked lol.

Play drums, have for about 5-6 years. Play a Pearl Forum 5 piece kit with 12" snare but have mainly only played with friends, not so much performed.

Moved to Canberra in the last 3 months and all that came with was what would fit in my car, so the kit is still back in Adelaide with the folks, miss having it.