Sign in to follow this  
SLYSX

DJ's Out There

hey everyone

Just starting to get into the DJ stuff after i managed all the sounds at school for bands and that and have always wanted to do it, now the money has come so its time to get onto it and give it a go.

Any help getting myself up off the ground would be great from members if you have some helpful tips.

Just wondering what program people use to record what you do onto the computer and all that. If you have some info and some time add me to msn and have a chat :) - barnzy_16@hotmail.com

My setup:

2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk1

Pioneer DJM-600

Vestax PDX-2000 Mk2 (Will probably have for sale)

Pics:

835b1lg5.jpg

96451iq0.jpg

Cheers barnzy

Any simple recording program that can receive your sound cards line in will do the job - I use Easy MP3 Sound Recorder, Audacity will do the job. To hook it up, get a RCA to 3.5mm jack cord from Jaycar, put the RCA's into your secondary master output plug and put the 3.5mm end into your PC's sound card line in.

Piece of piss.

Any simple recording program that can receive your sound cards line in will do the job - I use Easy MP3 Sound Recorder, Audacity will do the job. To hook it up, get a RCA to 3.5mm jack cord from Jaycar, put the RCA's into your secondary master output plug and put the 3.5mm end into your PC's sound card line in.

Piece of piss.

not if the line in wont work on your sound card lol

i have gone through that many sets of drivers

3rd party ones and originals

farking card lol

why cant it be the mic jack thats farked

just buy an external sound card, theres heap of USB ones that are pretty cheap and give decent sound quailty.

just buy an external sound card, theres heap of USB ones that are pretty cheap and give decent sound quailty.

I've actually got a external sound card for my desk top but cant get the stoopid thing to work!!! resorted goin back to the lappy and running sound forge on it instead.

I run a Behringer (dear god no) external 24bit sound card, cost me $70. Called a U-Control. Does the job if you're a beginner. I'm also using Audacity.

barnzy is calling out to all that do DJ'ing and know their stuff for a bit of help getting started and up and running... :woot:

Please shoot me a pm or add me to msn and have a chat please... barnzy_16@hotmail.com, would really appreciate all the help i can get! All my stuff arrived today and will be playing to many ours of the morning trying to get some knowledge about it all.

Thanks barnzy

hey everyone

Just starting to get into the DJ stuff after i managed all the sounds at school for bands and that and have always wanted to do it, now the money has come so its time to get onto it and give it a go.

Any help getting myself up off the ground would be great from members if you have some helpful tips.

Just wondering what program people use to record what you do onto the computer and all that. If you have some info and some time add me to msn and have a chat :) - barnzy_16@hotmail.com

My setup:

2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk1

Pioneer DJM-600

Vestax PDX-2000 Mk2 (Will probably have for sale)

Pics:

835b1lg5.jpg

96451iq0.jpg

Cheers barnzy

Ive snapped many a x faders on those bad boys there.

Im going to start calling myself the destroyer of x faders.

mine...

photo0397ii2.th.jpg

:D i have made a stand for it all since that photo.. will put up later on...