Sign in to follow this  
SLYSX

DJ's Out There

yeah nice set up dude i like it

Osiris, youll need the same kind of cable I use to go from my computer Line In (Sound Card) to Master (Mixer) for recording - 3.5mm to RCA jack, and thats all. :)

Available at Jaycar, DSE etc.

Osiris, youll need the same kind of cable I use to go from my computer Line In (Sound Card) to Master (Mixer) for recording - 3.5mm to RCA jack, and thats all. :)

Available at Jaycar, DSE etc.

got my 2mtr Us Audio one from autobahn for like $9

Yeah thats what I thought. Except because they are 5.1 (they have center, main and rear) will only 2 of them work?

Meh, I'll find out soon enough :D

yeah nice set up dude i like it

thanks, so do I :D

The Kaoss Pad is pretty difficult to use, but I'm getting the hang of it. It's seriously like trying to learn how to play the keyboard. It actually has synths in it and every different little square on the pad is a different note!!! it's unreal.

Anyway, had the stuff for two days and I can already beatmatch quickly. booyah. I'll post up a mix soon :)

yeah seen those. mate has a similar 1. near same colour aswell. korg pad he has i dunt know if there the same my mate makes tracks i just play em LOL

Yeah thats what I thought. Except because they are 5.1 (they have center, main and rear) will only 2 of them work?

Meh, I'll find out soon enough :D

you shouldnt use surrounds sound for dj purposes imo...

any 2 way will be better .. as if you wanna use the 5.1 get the center close to ur eyes on face level ideally,,,

ive got a mate who wants to sell his DJM600 MADE IN JAPAN ( the early stock is made in Japan) immaculate condition pm me for more info...

ok so for some reason i am game enough to post my first mix on here lol i only got my setup last weekend, cdj200s and djm600. so after one week of practice there are a couple of shaky mixes and a few issues with trim levels but all round i don't think its too bad for my first.

i'm off to work so i'll post track listing later, but it has mainly new tracks with a few oldies in there, a bit housy but leaning bit towards electro here and there. no structure i was just chuckin songs on to practice my beat match. enjoy! love to here some feedback guys.

Drboost first mix download

ill have a listen when i get home dude

fkcn last night i made a small 4song mini mix, i was stoked with the mixing my best to date and then went to open the file and for some reason it didnt record, i was so angry, ill have to have another crack at it tonight.

you bastards, i'm gonna make a minimix. Search youtube for 'tenminmix' and it will give you video of quick ten min mixes. basically you just cram as many songs in as you can while making it sound awesome. but more than 5 songs tends to be overkill. people are mainly throwing five or so in there. some more, some less. have a listen.

i did a mix last night :P

1. Mr.Oizo - Trina700(Trina Kills xtended edit)

2. Mr.Oizo - Flat Beat

3. Justice - Phantom Pt II (Soulwax nite version)

4. Phil Keiran - Skyhook

5. MBG & SDS - New Jack (steve angello remix)

6. ZZT - Lower State of Consciousness

feedback please

Merlz Mix

Made my first mix tonight, have a listen and give me some feed back :)

Tracklist (its hardstyle for those who didnt already know :P)

Blutonium Boy - Acid Over Sydney

DJ Zany - Volt

Kat Meets Gerardo Roschini - Alright (Kat & Zatox Remix)

Builder - Hardbeat Market (Hardstyle Masterz Mix)

Donkey Rollers - No One Can Stop Us

Black and White - Dirty Games (Tatanka Remix)

DJ Activator - Natural Born DJ

Headhunterz - Forever As One

Kamui - Arena

http://203.24.182.170/files/

Right Click DJ Sheffwa and save as

I think its quite good except for one f**kup going from Hardbeat Market to No One Can Stop Us, I missed the exit point :( Also, I know your not meant to play Arena at ~150bpm, but hey, I'm here to break down boundaries :)

i'm having chronic dejavu of hearing a mix by you, being in the music forum...I'm really starting to think dejavu is more real everyday :S this is crazy :|

edit: I had a quick listen, not bad :) now if only i wasn't so lazy to upload mine and show u all up :P

Really weird tracklist there Osiris IMO. It seems to go backwards, and closing with Arena? It doesnt make sense to me, it shouldnt even be near a HS mix let alone closing. Most of the tracks are banging though.

p.s. dont mix leaked promos like Forever Az One. ;) why would you want to, its a shit track anyway!

heres my setup

pio cdj1000mk1

pio cdj1000mk2

vestax pmc 06 - no i dont scratch just needed a cheap mixer after my pio 707 channel faders started bleeding :angry:

hd25-sp phones

play mostly electro, house...

Cheers fish.

Really weird tracklist there Osiris IMO. It seems to go backwards, and closing with Arena? It doesnt make sense to me, it shouldnt even be near a HS mix let alone closing. Most of the tracks are banging though.

Yeah, I was more focusing on actual mixing rather than set structure. I closed with arena because I thought the breakdown would sort of slow and calm things down a bit for the munted punters :P Apart from that, I didnt really think there was anything to backwards about it? Can you elaborate a bit more? Also any coments on the mixing?

p.s. dont mix leaked promos like Forever Az One. ;) why would you want to, its a shit track anyway!

Oh ok, its a no no? I wont do it for next time. I quite like the song though.

I just broke one of my needles last night trying to fix it :( it was crackling more than the other one so started to fiddle and all of a sudden, boom. all gone. no more needle. easy come, easy go :(

anyway, I'll upload a quick mix i did when i first got my turntables. its only ten minutes long but theres 5 songs in there theres some volume problems simply because its the VERY first time using that mixer. anyway, wheres somewhere to host it?

I just broke one of my needles last night trying to fix it :( it was crackling more than the other one so started to fiddle and all of a sudden, boom. all gone. no more needle. easy come, easy go :(

anyway, I'll upload a quick mix i did when i first got my turntables. its only ten minutes long but theres 5 songs in there theres some volume problems simply because its the VERY first time using that mixer. anyway, wheres somewhere to host it?

use zshare.net to host

what kinda needles you using?

Were you playing to a crowd Osiris? Because doing a demo mix at home is different to playing out. You dont have a crowd to read and so on. So theres no point trying to replicate a club DJ set at home - playing out should be done on a whim without any planning, otherwise youre nothing more than a human iPod.

I didnt download it, just read the TL, but I will give it a listen tomorrow. And yes it is wrong AND illegal to mix leaked tracks without the producers consent.

Needles, everyone swears by Ortofons. I like my Stanton 680HP's though.

Ok that makes sense. See this is what I need advice for since I dont know shit :P

Were you playing to a crowd Osiris? Because doing a demo mix at home is different to playing out. You dont have a crowd to read and so on. So theres no point trying to replicate a club DJ set at home - playing out should be done on a whim without any planning, otherwise youre nothing more than a human iPod.

I didnt download it, just read the TL, but I will give it a listen tomorrow. And yes it is wrong AND illegal to mix leaked tracks without the producers consent.

I disagree. Not entirely tho. You should at least know how each song goes into what, and what songs don't go together. that way, you don't think to yourself 'hey, they'd love this song right about now' only to realise that those two songs sound horrible at the points your trying to mix them to etc.

you should know what sort of crowd your going to be playing to before you go. things change tho, so be prepared to not let your set go the way you want it to.

here's a quote from someone on inthemix.com:

1. First few times you play out, prepare the set in advance (removes one aspect of stress)

2. Turn up early to get in the groove, meet other DJ's, have 1 or 2 drinks, get settled

3. If a f**kup is in process or imminent, relax and bring down the fader of the offending track to fix in the headphones / or stop and restart it. Don't try to repair so that the whole club can hear, you'll only snowball your stress level

4. Get used to mixing in the headphones just in case the venue's monitors are shit or non-existant

5. Take more tracks than you need

6. Don't fill your set with what everyone else is playing, take a few risks and stand out from every other DJ

7. Have fun coz the crowd feeds off your energy just as much as that of the music

But then again, its good to have a bit of both. another guy in the same thread (who plays out said this)

i don't think its always the best idea to work out your set before you start, better to work it out on the spot. however, have a few mixes up your sleave just in case

So a little from column a, a little from column b.

If I was to play a live set (I have, just house parties) I have my mix sorted out, and if its not going as good as it could, I change my direction. Unfortunately not always the best, as I was trying to get everyone into the groove with some tech house, but everyone was a fluro fag electro-house lover. ah well, its still good fun tho. I love big synths too :D

btw boxhead, this post was intended towards osiris, not taking a swing at you. You've been dj'ing for longer than me and i'm sure you're better too, but I just thought I'd add what I know :)

Every DJ and every genre of music is different, so that advice can either be taken religiously or not at all depending on the style. 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are givens. 3 is okay but there are ways around f**k ups... youll find that minor things, people wont even notice. Ive knocked crossfaders / galloped mixes / was too quick or early on a fader flick etc and you look up to see if anyone is death staring and people were still rocking.

Of course you have an idea of what to play and what goes with what, but that goes with the knowledge of the tracks - Hardstyle is very structured tracks so its extremely important - but that being said, any good DJ can mix almost anything to almost anything (given theyre the same genre). I had a mix up at home with a mate over, he was handing me the records and I was mixing them as he went. Its kinda like improv comedy.

I get pissed off when I see a DJ 4 times in say 2-3 months and then they play the same shit over and over and over again because thats what theyre used to. Wheres the skill in that? Mix it up a bit.

If you memorise a tracks structure, youll know when and where to mix it subconsciously and where it belongs in a set. You dont need to think about that kind of stuff really - there are a few tracks that may catch you out with shorter / longer intros or outros, but if you know the track well enough it wouldnt be an issue.

p.s. I did 3.5 hours at a house party on Friday night, completely unplanned, and it turned out supremely good! You cant plan sets that long. Even with my copy of Atrocity / Chopper that I picked up that night and hadnt practiced with, smashed both sides out with no difficulty at all. Ryan has a video of me doing a Fother Mucker v We Are Possessed Remix layer job from that night... I gotta get that off him... :lol:

i totally agree man, sure its good to have your set planned before you go on but like the next week change it up don't keep the same rotation and if your good enough you know when and where the tracks should go in.

good stuff

exactly :D

it all depends on the dj, the place, the people, and how long you play for. :) sometimes its good to know how one goes into another, you could impress even the best of dj's if you preplan some mixes :D

since i've started dj'ing i've really started to notice stuff ups from other dj's at clubs, and also come to appreciate their skill more too. tis a good hobby :)

ps, someone wanna give me a free needle? i borked one of mine :(

since i've started dj'ing i've really started to notice stuff ups from other dj's at clubs, and also come to appreciate their skill more too. tis a good hobby :)

Yeah. Unfortuenatly where I live all of the club DJ's are SHIT. They are honestly terrible, cant mix to save their life. More than a few times a night they yell shit over the mic to cover up their bad mix. Sometimes they dont even mix they just cut straight from one song to another. Or go from hip hop to commerial dance :S

Time for me to practice up so I can take their positions :D

Speaking of which, did you end up listening to my mix box?

TRUE!! its either...you cant beat match to save your life, your effects sound shit, or worst of all iv seen dj's press eject on cdj's while its the focused deck and the music just stops..that cracks me up

EJECTOOO!!!

bahahahhahaha, good times, good times

anyone on here mix DNB?

It's not my main style but I'll drop a dnb set with mates for some fun.

My new Denon CD Decks and Pioneer DJM Mixer arrived this morning. I'll take some pics when I get home from work and set them up.

i wont swear by ortofons even though i have a nightclub e.... they are good... but i prefered having a shure m447... could throw my turntable out the window and it would still stay in the groove... the 680hps are great too, you must own a stanton t120 or st150?

i used to own a str8-150, now i wish i never sold it... best thing ive ever owned, would trade my cdj1000mk1 for one lol...

TRUE!! its either...you cant beat match to save your life, your effects sound shit, or worst of all iv seen dj's press eject on cdj's while its the focused deck and the music just stops..that cracks me up

EJECTOOO!!!

lol dont that one myself.... but i was :wacko: ... so its ok....

love going to a club and hearing a good dj, no matter what he/she is playing... makes anything music sound insane... but i seriosly wonder how dj's that cant beatmatch get gigs.... makes me angry <_>

Edited by Spenda