Sign in to follow this  
SIR ASHMAN

Water Temp Gauge Install

photo1wg0.th.jpg

im trying to install an autometer in my 180sx, but with the s14 engine in it, the top radiator pipe is short and twisted. any suggestions on how to fit the adapter into the hose when there isn't much straight pipe to play with? any suggestions appreciated.

Good write up. AM planning to do this soon on my s14

Hey, quick question, what size was adaptor did you use, there was 2 sizes from memory?

36mm is better, tight fit with clamps will never come of.

What i noticed with mine was when I started racing at the track both pipes would twist little by little, so I have reallocated it to the water outlet pipe, you can bore out the bleed valve hole to 1/8 pt sensor will bolt straight in.

Had this set up in my 13 for bout a year now. The alloy adaptor that sits in the radiator hose keeps corroding. Im using coolant not water in my radiator. Twive I have had to replace the adaptor that holds the sender unit because of it corroding. Any ideas ppl. Cos of it corroding it has half blocked my radiator twice aswell. Its really starting to piss me off. Sum help or ideas please??????

cheers

warrick I think it was got someone to weld a thread hole on the side of the radiator and screwd in the sensor so no need for a adapter pretty good idea I reackon

I think wen I do it I'm going to drill a hole where the outlet is on the engine n tap a thread to put the sender in

yeah that's what I said above,

U said put the sensor on the radiator n I'm saying put it on the engine

36mm is better, tight fit with clamps will never come of.

What i noticed with mine was when I started racing at the track both pipes would twist little by little, so I have reallocated it to the water outlet pipe, you can bore out the bleed valve hole to 1/8 pt sensor will bolt straight in.

B doing this the sender will be fitted but wat bout the other wire that wld normally bolt to the housing(not sure if this an earth or somethin) but basically there wld be a wire short going to the guage Or can it be fitted to and ground on the car

^^^ you would have to earth it somewhere else i think, not too sure, defi sensors I use dont need to be earthed.

^^^ you would have to earth it somewhere else i think, not too sure, defi sensors I use dont need to be earthed.

Just tryin to work out another way to install it cos those radiator hose adaptors are poxy as n keep corroding:(

Like I said your going to have to use the water outlet and earth it somewhere else.

Heres a pic.

02052010298.jpg

Bore out the existing hole or weld a new one.

I run defi and they are earthed from the master control.

roger, got ya now. Will just get hole drilled out and threaded. Wats with the clear hose running off the outlet elbow??????

running a radiator breather tank and needed that hole taped, that hole is the one I was refering to that can be bore out to fit 1/8 pt sensors, i guess this would be the cheapest than welding one on.

running a radiator breather tank and needed that hole taped, that hole is the one I was refering to that can be bore out to fit 1/8 pt sensors, i guess this would be the cheapest than welding one on.

Yeah cheers got it all sussed. Find somewhere 2moz to get it drilled out and tapped. Shldnt be more than $20. Wat u have done looks a hell of alot neater than those gay adaptors that corrode out in a few months. This has helped alot mate.

okkk so need to revive this thread... i bought an isc 52mm gauge and it has two white wires coming out of the sender and also a screw in the adaptor for an earth

and for the life of me i cant get it to work

if its a two wire sender then one is earth and one goes to the gauge? but there both white? and why would i have a screw for an earth on the adaptor then?

ive tried almost everything to get it working but no luck

tried earth one wire and putting the other on the gauge etc. tried earthing the adaptor screw.

stumped

emailed ISC waiting for a reply

instructions in the box dont show how to wire it up!

cheers for any help

one should go to earth and one to the gauge like you said did you run a earth from the gauge to? i dont think it should really matter which one goes where

yeah done that and got nothing ! the gauge currently has its earth and 12v supply so it turns on and lights up, just needs the sender signal or whatever..

i got no idea then thats just how my instructions for my speco one say its done but that doesnt have wires its just got a bolt on the end to put a terminal on

yea i got no idea either ive tried everything. hopefully an email in reply will tell me what i wanna know. cheers though :)

Sign in to follow this